Help With Some Outside Stucco Repair

Need advice, technical help or opinions, you will find plenty here! (Technical posts here)
dmf6978
Just Arrived

Help With Some Outside Stucco Repair

Post by dmf6978 »

As you can see from the photos, I am not 100% how to replicate this type of stucco since my house was built in 1927. I bought some stucco repair from quickcrete, but its tool cold to fill in the gaps. Was hoping maybe someone has some advice or better product that I can at least seal up the cracks for the time being. I would think when I get my house resided I can cover this up with some stucco over it.

Thank you for your time and help.
Attachments
IMG_1235.jpeg
IMG_1235.jpeg (434.85 KiB) Viewed 2066 times
IMG_1233.jpeg
IMG_1233.jpeg (537.65 KiB) Viewed 2066 times

Gothichome

Re: Help With Some Outside Stucco Repair

Post by Gothichome »

I would suggest there may be some thing going on under the stucco, looks like it might be covering a wood cill. The cill is either failing or has excessive expansion and contraction, no allowing it to bond. Are you planning to re-stucco?

dmf6978
Just Arrived

Post by dmf6978 »

I think for the time being I would rather just seal it up, then think about re stucco.

Quikrete Stucco Crack Repair 5.5 Oz

This is the stuff I bought but have not applied it due to weather lows at night. Open to suggestions though. I think for now Just a patch job will please me so it doesn't come completely off.

Vman
Just Arrived

Post by Vman »

Mor-flexx. You can get in on Amazon. Paintable if need be but otherwise exactly what you need.