Alternatives to Subway Ceramics 3x6 tile?

Need advice, technical help or opinions, you will find plenty here! (Technical posts here)
1918ColonialRevival
Knows where blueprints are hidden

Alternatives to Subway Ceramics 3x6 tile?

Post by 1918ColonialRevival »

Does anyone know if there's anyone else besides Subway Ceramics who makes a 3x6 subway tile with a flat surface? All of the other options seem to be slightly curved downward along the edges. Subway Ceramics' stuff is nice, but I don't have $7k in the budget just for wall tile.

I'd love to find an old building I could salvage some original tile from, but so far I haven't been that lucky. It seems that bathrooms are the most common areas to be renovated in accordance with latest trends next to kitchens. Most of the bathrooms in buildings I've salvaged from have had tile from the '60s or later.

mjt
Shakes a cane at new house owners

Re: Alternatives to Subway Ceramics 3x6 tile?

Post by mjt »

Would this work?

1918ColonialRevival
Knows where blueprints are hidden

Post by 1918ColonialRevival »

It looks similar, but I didn't see any info on pricing. I'd probably have to contact them for a quote.

Ireland House
Been here a while

Post by Ireland House »

Try American Restoration Tile. My 1907 bathroom tile was an in stock standard item. The curve on the top is caused by the glaze. (I grew up in a ceramic shop.) You probably have either an un-glazed tile or a less common "cut" tile that was cut after the glazing and firing process. My tiles are un-glazed porcelain.
Today is my happily ever after.