How to remove clapboard mid wall?

Need advice, technical help or opinions, you will find plenty here! (Technical posts here)
GibsonGM
Forgotten more than most know

Re: How to remove clapboard mid wall?

Post by GibsonGM »

MA and ME here....we say "kla-berd" (bout the same's what you said) or just "clap(s)" for the most part. "clap board" is way too much work! :)

Manalto
Inventor of Knob and Tube

Post by Manalto »

I knew it! Just like "forehead" (FORE-id). Report getting conked on the forehead with a clapboard and outsiders will think you're speaking Dutch or somethin'

phil
Has many leather bound books

Post by phil »

we say clapboard eh ! ;-)

Olson185
Been here a good while

Post by Olson185 »

Manalto wrote:Does anyone else pronounce clapboard KLA-bird? I grew up hearing it said that way (southern New England) but now when I pronounce it that way people look at me funny, so I relent and say it as spelled.

Long Islanders don't use the stuff...I don't think they know what it is. If it's wood, it's "shingle".

When I was growing up (WNY), my family would use the profile name and one would be expected to just know it's "KLAp-BIRD" (there'd be a little 'p' in there) which is a profile name, too. Bevel, Dolly Varden, Rustic (Drop), and Shiplap are the three most common. We had Rustic (a curved channel) but now have Bevel.
~James

Fourth generation in a family of artists, engineers, architects, woodworkers, and metalworkers. Mine is a family of Viking craftsmen. What we can't create, we pillage, and there's nothing we can't create. But, sometimes, we pillage anyway.