Window question--Jade and Sashguy?

Need advice, technical help or opinions, you will find plenty here! (Technical posts here)
awomanwithahammer
Knows where blueprints are hidden

Re: Window question--Jade and Sashguy?

Post by awomanwithahammer »

Thank you, Jade.
Bonnie

phil
Has many leather bound books

Post by phil »

if the plane is difficult you can use a scraper or a block o wood with coarse paper, like 36 grit to start, for the fitting.
I like to use strips of paper or card and you can close those in and pull them, find the tight one , that's where its touching... sand there and repeat.

I didn't' quite follow the chain procure but if it works for you. My first thought was why tie weights on just stick a piece of wire like coat hanger or a thin screwdriver through the chain so it can't pull back through? but maybe I missed a point or two there.

awomanwithahammer
Knows where blueprints are hidden

Post by awomanwithahammer »

I need to remove the chains entirely to clean the paint off them without removing the window casings. I needed to come up with a way to run a "placeholder" through all three pulleys so that I could then replace the chains after I clean them. Since I can't access the pulley on the sash weight without removing the casings, I came up with this solution. I suppose I could have just used a coat hanger to hold the cord, but I also needed to be able to paint around them.
Bonnie

phil
Has many leather bound books

Post by phil »

Ah thanks. That makes more sense. Now I see why.