Medium term floor decision

Need advice, technical help or opinions, you will find plenty here! (Technical posts here)
phil
Has many leather bound books

Re: Medium term floor decision

Post by phil »

not sure if it's just me getting photobucket errors here...
Attachments
error.jpg
error.jpg (119.94 KiB) Viewed 167 times

Lily left the valley
Inventor of Knob and Tube

Post by Lily left the valley »

phil wrote:not sure if it's just me getting photobucket errors here...
I'm seeing them all over. Looks like photobucket is trying to crack down on folks not sending viewers to the PB site so they can make money from ads.
--Proud member of the Industrious Cheapskate Club
--Currently pondering ways to encourage thoughtful restovation and discourage mindless renovation.

Mick_VT

Post by Mick_VT »

Just another reason to post pictures (rather than linked images) here :roll:
Mick...

phil
Has many leather bound books

Post by phil »

so they allow you to start hosting photos for free , then when someone uses it they lock up all their data. Do they also have fine print that says they own the photo rights for anything you post using their site? I find that really creepy, same with facebook. I'm not privy on every rule in their fine print contracts, probably most dont' read and understand them fully. Because I dont' really know the laws, nor are they well explained, I try to be cautious about what rights you give these companies when uploading personal data. Is apple cloud the same? do they own your data too?
I've sen a lot of circumstances where people do things like post all their valuables pictures of their kids, and other data and then go on facebook posting holiday photos. That's like baiting crooks. once they started applying face recognition software to personal photos it may have created a good tool for someone wanting to accumulate personal data for ill intent. I know a lot is designed for direct marketing ads but am I the only one that is more than a little creeped out by this technology and how one with the technical savvy to get a bit of data from numerous sources and by putting together the pieces, compile a whole lot more than you thought was possible? Is that just a paranoid tin foil hat theory? Google also seems to be getting better at looking at the websites you visit and building a personal profile. I just wonder where this might go. this sort of accumulated data is hard to get back.
sorry I veered way off topic. maybe I shouldn't post that here.