descenting untreated wood

Need advice, technical help or opinions, you will find plenty here! (Technical posts here)
phil
Has many leather bound books

Re: descenting untreated wood

Post by phil »

You know you are a devoted old house owner if:

Lily left the valley wrote: We're not getting a tree this year since we're saving for whatever house related.

:)

Same at our house, the Christmas guilt followed by the dreaded giant Visa bill can't happen. Luckily we have enough. I offered to try to get the living room at least painted and turn it from a construction zone into a temporary living room but mid sentence I'm thinking gee but I want to keep working on it ;-)

the same happened with my aunt and uncle. My cousin went to visit and they had a room full of boxes, things like an exercise bike.. "Free shipping"!! they are in their 80's. I've had it too, with old radios, antique auctions, Ebay in it's earlier days. I love garage sales. You can't cure me lol ;-)

Lily left the valley
Inventor of Knob and Tube

Re: descenting untreated wood

Post by Lily left the valley »

phil wrote:You know you are a devoted old house owner if:
Lily left the valley wrote: We're not getting a tree this year since we're saving for whatever house related.

Aww, thankies. That made my day. :romance-cloud9:

I started writing a lot of Xmas related stuff, but instead of derailing this further, I started another thread for that so Mick doesn't need to come in asking if we need a split. ;-)
--Proud member of the Industrious Cheapskate Club
--Currently pondering ways to encourage thoughtful restovation and discourage mindless renovation.