The Petch House is sold

A place to hang out, chat and post general discussion topics. (Non-technical posts here)
ratherhaverain
Just Arrived

Re: The Petch House is sold

Post by ratherhaverain »

I've been watching too much Perry Mason and thought I would see what could be found about Greg. Was able to locate the petition Mick_VT mentioned but only on the Google search engine. Here it is, along with the site address:

http://oophoreocele55.rssing.com/chan-2 ... latest.php

09/16/15--17:00: NOTICE OF PETITION TO ADMINISTER ESTATE OF GREGORY JAMES DEBACKER AKA GREG DEBACKER CASE NO. PR160176

To all heirs, beneficiaries, creditors, contingent creditors and persons who may otherwise be interested in the will or estate, or both, GREGORY JAMES DEBACKER aka GREG DEBACKER A PETITION FOR PROBATE has been filed by Petitioner, PATRICK DEBACKER In the Superior Court of California, County of Humboldt. The petition for probate requests that PATRICK DEBACKER be appointed as personal representative to administer the estate of the decedent. THE PETITION requests authority to administer the estate under the Independent Administration of Estates Act. (This authority will allow the personal representative to take many actions without obtaining court approval. Before taking certain very important actions, however, the personal representative will be required to give notice to interested persons unless they have waived notice or consented to the proposed action.) The independent administration authority will be granted unless an interested person files an objection to the petition and shows good cause why the court should not grant the authority. A HEARING on the petition will be held on July 7, 2016 at 2:00 p.m. at the Superior Court of California, County of Humboldt, 825 Fifth Street, Eureka, in Dept.: 8. IF YOU OBJECT to the granting of the petition, you should appear at the hearing and state your objections or file written objections with the court before the hearing. Your appearance may be in person or by your attorney. IF YOU ARE A CREDITOR or a contingent creditor of the decedent, you must file your claim with the court and mail a copy to the personal representative appointed by the court within the later of either (1) four months from the date of first issuance of letters to a general personal representative, as defined in section 58(b) of the California Probate Code, or (2) 60 days from the date of mailing or personal delivery to you of a notice under section 9052 of the California Probate Code. Other California statutes and legal authority may affect your rights as a creditor. You may want to consult with an attorney knowledgeable in California law. YOU MAY EXAMINE the file kept by the court. If you are a person interested in the estate, you may file with the court a Request for Special Notice (form DE-154) of the filing of an inventory and appraisal of estate assets or of any petition or account as provided in Probate Code section 1250. A Request for Special Notice form is available from the court clerk. ATTORNEY FOR PETITIONER: Bradford C Floyd, Esq. 819 Seventh Street Eureka, CA 95501 (707) 445-9754 June 7, 2016 SUPERIOR COURT OF CALIFORNIA COUNTY OF HUMBOLDT

The date of the notice is 9/16/15, and the story on the Pacific Outfitters is dated 12/17/15.

I emailed Aaron at PO and he wrote, "We haven't seen him since March. We new he just started another job then so we weren't sure if that was the reason he quit showing up to the Cleanups. I sent him several emails since then and did not get any reply. We've been scratching our heads as to why we haven't heard from him.thos was the first I heard of him potentially passing away."

So there must have been another Greg Debacker in Humboldt County, or am I missing something?

Gothichome

Post by Gothichome »

Perry Mason! Your showing your age, guess I am to, I knew the reference.

Mick_VT

Post by Mick_VT »

I hadn't seen a date being last year when I first saw it - strange also that the date near the end of the probate notice ins June 7 this year and within is June 30th. I am thinking the leading date is somehow incorrect
Mick...

ratherhaverain
Just Arrived

Post by ratherhaverain »

I'm starting to think the same thing. There's about 3 weeks between the petition and hearing dates on the others. In my state there is a 3-month span (I think). But could there have been unusual circumstances that caused a delay?

And, yes I'm older. We kids worked our Saturday night baths in around Perry Mason and Sea Hunt.

Don M

Post by Don M »

We did too!

ratherhaverain
Just Arrived

Post by ratherhaverain »

Don--LOL!

Well, Perry has decided that the next step is a call to the Humboldt County clerk to verify the date of that document, but he and Paul are headed out on a fishing trip to the lake, and Della and Mr. Della are headed to the woods out of phone and internet range until Friday. Hope she doesn't break a heel on a hike!

(Please excuse my lightheartedness in this serious business. I have been caught up in the hunt with this worse than in a second hand store or salvage yard.)

ratherhaverain
Just Arrived

Post by ratherhaverain »

Went on vacation and totally forgot to follow through on this. Aaron at Pacific Outfitters sent an update.

http://www.pacificoutfitters.com/2016/0 ... -debacker/

Mick_VT

Post by Mick_VT »

ratherhaverain wrote:Went on vacation and totally forgot to follow through on this. Aaron at Pacific Outfitters sent an update.

http://www.pacificoutfitters.com/2016/0 ... -debacker/

Well thanks for relaying that... Aarons post is a little sad, as are the circumstances around Greg's death.

I did see that his software company website was gone, unfortunately that is where he hosted the images used on the blog, so now the blog has no pictures anymore. Who knows how long the text will remain.

RIP Greg
Mick...

lovesickest
Forgotten more than most know

Post by lovesickest »

Wow - that's so sad.

I never met Greg, or even corresponded with him via his blog or forum posts - but via his blog I felt like I knew him in sort of a distant fan-of-his-efforts way.