S**t hit the fan for us

A place to hang out, chat and post general discussion topics. (Non-technical posts here)
arwenmark
Knows the back streets

S**t hit the fan for us

Post by arwenmark »

So we just got back from WV installing some storm windows. We were going to be moving there in June 2016.
However, Today my husband found out they are forcing him into retirement now. He will get 4 month pay.

So that means that we need to pack up everthing still in MA and move it down to WV ASAP. We are applying for SS to start in January so won't see any of that till end of February.

Less the 10 K in 401K and no savings other than that.

Hope the property sells before it is foreclosed on, Have a 30' travel trailer I have to try to sell, bad time of year for that.

It is a terrible mess. Also son and Grandchildren living with us will have to take the kids out of school and move them there to new school. We wanted to wait till the end of the school year but can't now.

I know this is not directly related to the subjects here but needed to vent, hope that was all right.

Daniel Meyer
Stalwart

Re: S**t hit the fan for us

Post by Daniel Meyer »

I hope it works out. This is one of my worries...

phil
Has many leather bound books

Post by phil »

I hope it works out ok. being forced from a job unexpectedly always leaves one in a state of shock , let alone the financial concerns. I hope the move goes ok, the kids will survive. I don't see any problems at all with the posting. The houses are what brings the group together and often it is a way to vent too.

Phil

heartwood

Post by heartwood »

so sorry for your predicament....it is just so unfair that this can happen to a working person...I hope your ss comes in on time and that your kids are able to pitch in....you may need to sell your home and trailer for less than what you had hoped for...they will provide income and will no longer be an ongoing issue...
best to you all.....
....jade

Yankeegirl
Settling in

Post by Yankeegirl »

Sending good vibes your way!! I know that when you are hit with the unexpected it can feel overwhelming. I have been in a similar situation. My mother always said things happen for a reason although you cant always understand why until a later date. Keep your chin up and just push through it. We are always here to listen & send encouragement.

Gothichome

Post by Gothichome »

Gezzzzz arwenmark, sorry to rear that. At least you got a four month payout. No real consolation in the long run but it will take the short term pain away. You say it's a forced retirement, maybe time to jump off the treadmill and live a more relaxed lifestyle.

jharkin
Stalwart

Post by jharkin »

Very sorry to hear about this... Thoughts going your way. Unfortunately there is a lot of this going on these days, things are not so stable where I work either.

On the bright side, the RE market is booming. In my town there have been bidding wars and Ive seen houses sell the day they list, so thinking positive you will be able to sell your Mass house quickly.
-Jeremy

1790~1800ish Center Chimney Cape

Nicholas
Shakes a cane at new house owners

Post by Nicholas »

I too am sorry and of the "there is a reason" belief that these things happen.

If you look positively at this situation, doors will open and it will work out, basing this on my personal experiences.
1915 Frame Vernacular Bungalow

"If it ain't leanin' or a little crooked then it ain't got character"
- local resident

The BumbleBee House

Mick_VT

Post by Mick_VT »

Not much more I can add to what others are saying here, other than a few words that I carry with me "everything is temporary, all will pass" it sometimes helps me to remind myself of this when I am going through tough times.

Absolutely no problems with posting things like this in the District Common!
Mick...

oaktree
Forgotten more than most know

Post by oaktree »

Having something so unexpected and big happen is really difficult not fair!

I've noticed that often people hesitate from making changes they need or want until forced to do it by bad circumstances. Getting through it will be tough, but it can be a good opportunity to make large, positive changes in your life too. Keeping that in mind might bolster your spirits a bit while you deal with the day-to-day damage control.

I hope you get through this quickly, and I'm sending you lots of warm thoughts.
1862 Greek Revival Farmhouse, Michigan