S**t hit the fan for us

A place to hang out, chat and post general discussion topics. (Non-technical posts here)
Don M

Re: S**t hit the fan for us

Post by Don M »

As the rest said; so sorry this has happened---my Mother also said, "Things happen for a reason" & I believe that.

The very best wishes for a good result quickly. Don

arwenmark
Knows the back streets

Post by arwenmark »

Gothichome wrote:Gezzzzz arwenmark, sorry to rear that. At least you got a four month payout. No real consolation in the long run but it will take the short term pain away. You say it's a forced retirement, maybe time to jump off the treadmill and live a more relaxed lifestyle.

Yes hubby has been pushing himself to keep working even with Parkinsons which is getting worse, and a 200 mile a day RT commute.
So It is a relief for him other than the finances. I will be glad to see that burden lifted from him at least. I don't work and am disabled myself, though no SSDI or anything as I never worked enough credits.

I appreciate the good wishes.

Neighmond

Post by Neighmond »

Sometimes you just want to sit back and say "Aw, hell no!" Sometimes all you can do sit and cuss.

Go right ahead and swear and throw a tantrum or two all you want to, get it out of your system and you'll feel better for it! I hope the best is yet to come over your way, and some good has to come of it!

Best wishes from the hinterlands, like our old pal Red Green says: "we're all in it together!"

Cheers!
Chaz

Jeepnstein
Been here a good while

Post by Jeepnstein »

Some times you just have to let life happen. Try to hang on to what is important, let everything else just seek it's own level. West Virginia can be a very welcoming place for a fresh start.

wletson
Been here a good while

Post by wletson »

arwenmark wrote:
I know this is not directly related to the subjects here but needed to vent, hope that was all right.

Oh heck yes! That's why we are all here. Sure, most questions and posts are about our houses, but we most certainly get into personal issues.

I have very good friends from dealing with these forums over the years. I will likely never see most of them, but I most definitely count them amongst my dear friends!

You need to vent, go ahead! We'll comfort as much as we can.
Warren

Wackyshack
Forgotten more than most know

Post by Wackyshack »

Hoping all works out for you. You house should sell easily as one of my friends was outbid 7 times before she found a house and it was not in her desired town.
If everything is coming your way..... You're in the WRONG lane!!!

arwenmark
Knows the back streets

Post by arwenmark »

Here is an update.
we made the move which was an adventure in itself. Reason husband got retired early was he was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease in 2012 and stuck it out at work, 200 mile a day round trip commute etc. but it got too bad and so they gave him early retirement instead of just lay off.
We have done a bit to the house since then but not nearly as much as needed.

We filed for bankruptcy last spring which removed us from obligation on the house in MA and they reposesed the trailer, but we got to keep the truck and car we had and all of our possessions.

Both husband and I are getting worse physically. My youngest son does what he can but he works too and we live on our SS and nothing else so no money to hire things done. We did manage to get my stair lift put in and converted the fireplace to gas coal grate. Going into third year here, I think the house is happy we are here, it was empty for 15 years before we moved in and almost got torn down during that time.

Gothichome

Post by Gothichome »

arwenmark, glad to see you managed to get things stabilized and now are running an even keel. Just your presence in the home is saving the home, nothing wrong in doing restoration at your own pace and within your own means. Old home ownership should not become a job with deadlines, or break the bank, both take all the fun out of it.

Corsetière
Knows where blueprints are hidden

Post by Corsetière »

What a difficult situation, I'm sorry. I hope everything works out in your favor and that things improve for you!

Sow's Ear Mal
Stalwart

Post by Sow's Ear Mal »

I wish I knew some sort of magic to fix such things. I'll just send to you our best wishes. Spring will come soon, things will look up....ML