Nicole Curtis DIY Stuff

A place to hang out, chat and post general discussion topics. (Non-technical posts here)
SouthernLady
Forgotten more than most know

Nicole Curtis DIY Stuff

Post by SouthernLady »

Oooohhhh... Just turned on the TV to see the premier of Nicole Curtis' DIY tools on evine! Oh, who is excited? This gal!

I love that lady...

Oh! Oh! Oh!!! Heat guns coming up!!!!!

Gothichome

Re: Nicole Curtis DIY Stuff

Post by Gothichome »

Ha,ha,ha. Southern lady. Getting excited about heat guns, gave me a good chuckle. Not just any chuckle but an out loud chuckle. You're becoming a tool junky.

oaktree

Post by oaktree »

Nicole Curtis is hogging all the Greek Revival stuff at my salvage places. I might have to hate her now. She had dozens of the doors I was interested in on hold for the last 3 weeks.
1862 Greek Revival Farmhouse, Michigan

Don M

Post by Don M »

I do enjoy watching her Rehab projects; she really does try to restore her houses back to original without destroying everything in the process. :thumbup:

Powermuffin

Post by Powermuffin »

And she is the poster girl for saving old houses! I am a fan to be sure.
Diane

SouthernLady

Post by SouthernLady »

Ever heard how she got passionate about old houses? Something about her grandparents passing away and nobody in the family wanted to save the old farmhouse. It was torn down and as a teenager she determined she was going to save old houses because of that.

My story is pretty similar, as we couldn't keep the family farm going after my grandfather passed away, so we had to sell out. In the process, the original 1790s log house was torn down. I have never been so emotional in my life as when that was going to happen. I got permission from the developers who bought it to go back in one more time and remove whatever I could. Unfortunately as I could not get anyone interested to help me (a 15-year-old can only do so much), all I could salvage with my sole crowbar and screwdriver was the very old lock and knob from the front door (still carry my grandpa's skeleton key for it to this day), and the original door to the house--hinges and all. I lost the door due to my dad not being willing to put it in his van. :(
Last edited by SouthernLady on Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eperot
Stalwart

Post by Eperot »

I totally want to marry Nicole Curtis. She is adorable and loves old houses...what's not to like? :)
Jacob Beaty House, 1874.