Tour of Lights

A place to hang out, chat and post general discussion topics. (Non-technical posts here)
Neighmond

Tour of Lights

Post by Neighmond »

Every year, when Christmas was near, my folks would load us up in the car and we would go around and look at all the Christmas lights. Some houses had a single strand on a bush or star in the window, and some had winter wonderlands that would make Clark Grizwald look like chump change, but all of them had their own charm.

Let's have a virtual Christmas light tour of our houses and buildings! Post your lights and pass it on! If you didn't get to put them up this year put a picture of a year that you did!
PXL_20231218_001028141.MP.jpg
PXL_20231218_001028141.MP.jpg (194.88 KiB) Viewed 10633 times

Manalto
Inventor of Knob and Tube

Re: Tour of Lights

Post by Manalto »

Feliz Navidad!

Gothichome

Post by Gothichome »

James, nothing evokes Christmas like lights on a palm tree😂 interesting growth pattern on the trunk, looks weaved. Just the way hey grow?

Manalto
Inventor of Knob and Tube

Post by Manalto »

A few neighbors have mentioned the Corona beer TV ad which, by the way, is the longest-running Christmas commercial. If it brings a smile, then I consider my mission accomplished.

The palm is Sabal palmetto, which is native to the southeast US. Those are the leaf bases, which persist for a few years, then eventually fall off.