Hello

A place to hang out, chat and post general discussion topics. (Non-technical posts here)
Gothichome

Hello

Post by Gothichome »

HELLO, HEllo, Hello,hello, is any one out there?

Manalto
Inventor of Knob and Tube

Re: Hello

Post by Manalto »

Oh, darn. I was hoping things had picked up since my last visit.

Gothichome

Post by Gothichome »

James, unfortunately nope. A bit of chat on the Facebook page but that’s it. How are things in the Deep South? I have had a really slow start to my summer projects, lots a guests staying over and they refuse to scrape paint.
Ron

Manalto
Inventor of Knob and Tube

Post by Manalto »

Hi Ron, sorry for the slow reply. I'll try to be more active, but I think when a a potential new participant comes by and sees the lack of activity they probably move on without posting. It's a shame, because I really enjoy seeing the projects and progress of others, as well as sharing my own. The hot weather has been a factor in my slow progress. No rain, either. I have, however, pulled a dining room window for restoration. This is the first time I've broken the parting bead, but it's available at my local lumber yard, so I'll get some there.

Gothichome

Post by Gothichome »

James, no need to apologize. I only check in once in a while now myself. I have only completed one window so far this summer. I have been busy in my flower gardens though, it’s been good year for flower gardens this year, also got another four ton of stone caged on my riverbank. I do have to get a couple of storms out and re painted. These are the first storms I restored 13 years ago so they are due.

Vined Porch
Settling in

Post by Vined Porch »

Hello!
I am still here but have not posted in a long time and was not a prolific poster, life just got in the way for quite a while but I try to log in every so often to keep up with what is going on. My husband recently retired so we have a had a bit more time to get things started again on the house, all the rooms are now finished and our main bathroom functioning and almost completed (only took 9 years lol!), just need some linen storage in there, some trim painting and extractor fan fitted.
The house exterior got a new coat of paint but still have the outbuildings to do and strip and finish the front porch floor and ceiling. All the inside floors are finally refinished, definitely a labour of love! Next onto rehabbing some of the windows and chimney repointing.
I hope some of the old regulars come back, I so loved reading every ones progress, it is so interesting!

Gothichome

Post by Gothichome »

Well, hello Vined porch. Good to see you’re stopping in. Glad to hear you have managed to get some things finished in your home, This summer has been a bit of a soft year for Gothichome, got one window done and have the first of two stores out and on the bench.

Ron