Merry Christmas

A place to hang out, chat and post general discussion topics. (Non-technical posts here)
Gothichome

Merry Christmas

Post by Gothichome »

Wishing all my old home friends a very pleasant Christmas and a prosperous new year.

Neighmond

Re: Merry Christmas

Post by Neighmond »

It was a good one here-didn't do much and hid from the blizzard, but i am still alive anyways!

Gothichome

Post by Gothichome »

Pretty well the same for us Neighmond.

nhguy
Stalwart

Post by nhguy »

Merry Christmas to you also. Sitting tonight enjoying a warm fire in our stove and the tree. Here is our tree and the steamed sticky toffee pudding I made for my wife's birthday also Christmas Day.
Attachments
Toffee Pudding.jpeg
Toffee Pudding.jpeg (65.68 KiB) Viewed 4394 times
tree.jpeg
tree.jpeg (97.15 KiB) Viewed 4394 times

Manalto
Inventor of Knob and Tube

Post by Manalto »

Beautiful tree and intriguing dessert!

Happy and healthy New Year to all!

Jamie
Settling in

Post by Jamie »

COVID had me working on restoration projects and pretty much staying at home. This December found me decorating a tree for the first time in decades, All is good... I apologize for the shaky video... wishing the best for all to have a happy, productive, & safe 2023.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_jhJma ... amieBrewer

Gothichome

Post by Gothichome »

NH, yes a very nice tree, and a steamed pudding. When was the last time any one made a proper true steamed pudding! I certainly don’t know. Is there an English aspect to your household?

Jamie, your tree too is very nice and real candles as well, very nice indeed. An appropriate tune on your music box all very festive in a very traditional way. Well done. I noticed on one of your wall sconces a clock on one side and lamp on the other, how interesting. Would that have been some thing available to the period of the house or some thing cobbled up, sort of a steam punk thing? I have never seen one.

I didn’t put up any thing festive this year, but I do have sanding dust every were though. Does that count?
Ron

GibsonGM
Forgotten more than most know

Post by GibsonGM »

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year, Ron & friends! Hope all of you are enjoying the holidays and have great plans for 2023!

Not much is going on in the mountains of Western Maine...January thaw is happening, thankfully after having received 24" of snow 2 weeks ago, followed by 3" of rain! That was a test.

Now it's just grandchildren's visit and wood smoke for the immediate future. Happy New Year!

~Mike

nhguy
Stalwart

Post by nhguy »

Gothichome wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 3:04 pm NH, yes a very nice tree, and a steamed pudding. When was the last time any one made a proper true steamed pudding! I certainly don’t know. Is there an English aspect to your household?

Jamie, your tree too is very nice and real candles as well, very nice indeed. An appropriate tune on your music box all very festive in a very traditional way. Well done. I noticed on one of your wall sconces a clock on one side and lamp on the other, how interesting. Would that have been some thing available to the period of the house or some thing cobbled up, sort of a steam punk thing? I have never seen one.

I didn’t put up any thing festive this year, but I do have sanding dust every were though. Does that count?
Ron
I try and make something interesting for my wife's birthday each year, this time it was a pudding. I remembered I had a 150 year old pudding mold for steaming and she always talks about the sticky toffee pudding she and her sister had in England some years back. These puddings are amazingly moist I highly recommend trying it. They can be made in a coffee can with a piece of foil over the top, so no need to search out a mold. I do have some English blood way back 300 years ago, but mostly it's just an interest in historical cooking. Happy New Year everyone.

Gothichome

Post by Gothichome »

NH, my mum who is British used to make some thing very similar, usually around Christmas time. Used a bunting pan and mixed up a sticky concoction of McKintosh toffee, with a liberal dash of dark rum, it had to be McKintosh nothing else would do. The rum was what ever was on hand if I recall correctly.
Ron