Acrylic bath tubs

A place to hang out, chat and post general discussion topics. (Non-technical posts here)
Gothichome

Re: Acrylic bath tubs

Post by Gothichome »

Well we bought a tub, not the tub I posted. Although in better than condition most it was a short tub, not really what we were after as far as size. The fellow did have another tub though.
I had spotted this tub while searching but eliminated quickly due to what looks like worn out enamelling. The size was good, a full 5ft tub. What I initially thought was ware turned out to be a purple stain, we bought it for a $100 on a gamble that the staining was only surface stain. Got it home and tried a test spot with head light polish. Stain came out with minimal effort. The whole tub will need to be polished though. The enamel is thick and intact with only a little rust area at the overflow hole.

1918ColonialRevival
Knows where blueprints are hidden

Post by 1918ColonialRevival »

Looks like you did well. That should clean up beautifully and all of those marks should buff out.

phil
Has many leather bound books

Post by phil »

I think if you detail that thing the way the other was for the photo it will look just as nice.
we have one like it at our summer home and I want o bring it back. I think I need a trailer or my van though , I thought of trying to haul it on the roof racks but when I tried to pick it up I was worried I'd break the windshield or something. Ive had a lot of weight on the volvo but it might be a little too much.

It's not just the tub I need though , I think I should rip out the whole bathroom and I'm dreading it a little since we really only have one unless I count the toilet the PO's installed in a the closet. maybe I could install the tub temporarily or some such thing to get by during such a reno.