Survey: Which direction should the shower door swing?

A place to hang out, chat and post general discussion topics. (Non-technical posts here)
aislinn
Knows the area

Re: Survey: Which direction should the shower door swing?

Post by aislinn »

Manalto- our two upstairs bathrooms are currently gutted and our master bathe has almost the exact same layout as yours here. What did you decide to do with the shower door? We are trying to figure out what to do with ours. This post has been wicked helpful, but would love to hear how it’s been for you.

Manalto
Inventor of Knob and Tube

Post by Manalto »

I decided to have the shower door open on the right (hinge on the left) which means exiting the room after the shower rather than heading toward the sink.

There are two main reasons for this. First, because of existing plumbing, the shower head must be installed on the right hand side so feeling for proper temperature will be easier and splashing out of the stall when you enter the shower will be minimized. Also, showering is usually the last thing I do when performing ablutions, so "traffic flow" is correct with this configuration - I won't be walking around the door to leave the room.

aislinn
Knows the area

Post by aislinn »

Makes sense! This is what I’m leaning toward too. Thank you!

Manalto
Inventor of Knob and Tube

Post by Manalto »

You're helping me too. I think when we hear ourselves articulate our reasons, it either validates them or brings them into question.