Need to replace shed roof...should it match the house?

A place to hang out, chat and post general discussion topics. (Non-technical posts here)
phil
Has many leather bound books

Re: Need to replace shed roof...should it match the house?

Post by phil »

maybe Im different but I think it looks nicer when outbuildings reflect the style and colors of the main house. I wouldn't change the roof for the color but If I was changing it anyway and no real difference in price I'd opt to match it , or if I didnt' want it to match maybe green would blend in.
Ive been noticing that most new roofs are black or grey, or rust color. and that colors like red and green I see less often so maybe those colors reflect the old house style better. Im thinking of re-roofing and have been thinking red or green might add a sense of heritage. Shakes would be nicer, but expensive.

Jboul30
Just Arrived

Re: Need to replace shed roof...should it match the house?

Post by Jboul30 »

Hello
I’ll be honest the GAF architectural pewter or o wings Corning estate gray would match your house so close that you would not be able to tell any difference from standing on the ground looking at it. I don’t think that you knowing they were not the exact same would tell a difference. That’s just my opinion from looking at the photos of your house roof.