New "Green" grant

A place to hang out, chat and post general discussion topics. (Non-technical posts here)
heartwood

Re: New "Green" grant

Post by heartwood »

ha...i'm a big walker...walked 150 miles in a week along the new coast this past September...in a couple of weeks I hope to finish a 50 mile one day walk in west Virginia...then off to key west, florida to walk half the day and volunteer for habitat for humanity the rest of the day...jeez, I usually think my life is rather boring...guess not! in between I scrape paint.........
....jade

Gothichome

Post by Gothichome »

heartwood wrote:will that get me over the border in September when I walk from Vancouver to seattle???
thanks!
...jade

Jade, it can’t hurt your chances. A hundred mile walk, wow. Do you have an Olympic speed walking technique? I’m sure that kind of training helped climbing the stairs of that tower you restored a few years ago.
I used to walk 500 meters to a local pub, felt so good about it I had an extra beer. A hundred mile walk would just waist the investment I have made to my girth. :lol:

heartwood

Post by heartwood »

just to clarify, i'll be ATTEMPTING to do a 50 mile one day walk next week then about 150 miles in a week from Vancouver to seattle in august...I am very fortunate that I am a BIG eater but am able to maintain my weight...while walking I think about the meal I shall enjoy afterwards...and maybe have the energy to do something around my old house.... :thumbup:

...jade