facebook facebook facebook!

A place to hang out, chat and post general discussion topics. (Non-technical posts here)
Mick_VT

facebook facebook facebook!

Post by Mick_VT »

Hopefully I have now got your attention if you use FB... go join our new group at

https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheHistoricDistrict/

join and invite your friends to do so too!
Just to be clear I don't see this as some kind of replacement for this site, more an extension. To me it as an alternate type of forum, probably less technical, more immediate, and very along the lines of District Common, but more transient. I am also hoping it will bring us more members here to the main site.
Mick...

1918ColonialRevival
Knows where blueprints are hidden

Re: facebook facebook facebook!

Post by 1918ColonialRevival »

Mick,

Will there be any way to have the Facebook content available here as well? I'm not a Facebook user, but I don't want to miss any discussion content.

Mick_VT

Post by Mick_VT »

1918ColonialRevival wrote:Mick,

Will there be any way to have the Facebook content available here as well? I'm not a Facebook user, but I don't want to miss any discussion content.

Unfortunately there is not a way to do that. This is one of the things that put me off doing this before, but I have watched other web forums do this, usually what happens is a couple of distinct communities develop. The FB one tends to be more chit-chat an d transient, the web forum one tends to be more in-depth and closer connected. It seems some folks only use FB, some only use web forums, but quite a few bounce back and forth to both.

For now this is an experiment, we can re-evaluate over time - my hope is that it will become it's own thing, but will drive the more serious folks here.
Mick...

MJ1987
Been here a while

Post by MJ1987 »

Mick_VT wrote:Hopefully I have now got your attention if you use FB... go join our new group at

https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheHistoricDistrict/

join and invite your friends to do so too!
Just to be clear I don't see this as some kind of replacement for this site, more an extension. To me it as an alternate type of forum, probably less technical, more immediate, and very along the lines of District Common, but more transient. I am also hoping it will bring us more members here to the main site.

Joined!
Matt

I built a chimney for a comrade old;
I did the service not for hope or hire:
And then I travelled on in winter’s cold,
Yet all the day I glowed before the fire.

-Edwin Markham

Wackyshack
Forgotten more than most know

Post by Wackyshack »

There is a lot of stuff I post on FB in concerns of old houses I would never bother with here.
This is a serious site, focused on substance and good advice.
FB does have some smart advice but you have to sift through 21,367 posts of "isn't that pretty" to find it.
If everything is coming your way..... You're in the WRONG lane!!!

awomanwithahammer
Knows where blueprints are hidden

Post by awomanwithahammer »

I'm there! Can we recognize each other using our real names rather than our "handles" that we use here? It'll be interesting to find out. Some should be easy...
Bonnie

Kashka-Kat
Stalwart

Post by Kashka-Kat »

Ah. So that's where everyone is - too bad. Wasnt aware we were supposed to be "serious" here. Duly noted.

Mick_VT

Post by Mick_VT »

Kashka-Kat wrote:Ah. So that's where everyone is - too bad. Wasnt aware we were supposed to be "serious" here. Duly noted.

It's not an either / or... and no seriousness required
Mick...