Is "District Common" = "Off Topic"?

A place to hang out, chat and post general discussion topics. (Non-technical posts here)
Olson185
Been here a good while

Is "District Common" = "Off Topic"?

Post by Olson185 »

I was under the impression "District Common" was intended to be the place one *doesn't* focus on topics that fit into one of the other "parts of town" in the Historic District.

Isn't this the place where one can just chit-chat about football, Halloween, music, and etc.?

I think there's a different part of town for talking about poly techniques, identifying furniture and appliances, etc.

Not complaining. Just pointing out one doesn't go to the "town park" to talk with a "shop keeper".
~James

Fourth generation in a family of artists, engineers, architects, woodworkers, and metalworkers. Mine is a family of Viking craftsmen. What we can't create, we pillage, and there's nothing we can't create. But, sometimes, we pillage anyway.

Mick_VT

Re: Is "District Common" = "Off Topic"?

Post by Mick_VT »

Hey Olson, you are right of course... off-topic, or at least "doesn't neatly fit" is the intent.

I'm personally not too worried about where posts land, I move some from time to time, more for ease of filing / folks finding them later. But thanks for the reminder to members... keeps the work for the mods down :thumbup:
Mick...

phil
Has many leather bound books

Re: Is "District Common" = "Off Topic"?

Post by phil »

good call. frequency of posts, and lots of activity is more important to a forum than tons of categories for people to burrow into and make posts that don't get read.. I've seen other ones where they have a category for every scenario imaginable. No need for that degree of organization in my opinion.