Hurricane Nate

A place to hang out, chat and post general discussion topics. (Non-technical posts here)
Manalto
Inventor of Knob and Tube

Hurricane Nate

Post by Manalto »

To say that this has been an active year for hurricanes is an understatement. I thought I'd dodged that bullet but it looks like Nate is heading toward Gulf Coast Alabama, currently a bit to the west of Mobile. Fingers crossed.

heartwood

Re: Hurricane Nate

Post by heartwood »

here's to you, your family, your house, your friends and neighbors being safe and spared the damage in Houston, key west, the virgin islands, Puerto rico and others affected by the recent hurricanes...

be safe!
...jade

Manalto

Post by Manalto »

Thanks, Jade. I'm safe, 1100 miles away; just concerned about those that are in the path and my house there. NOAA still has it categorized as a tropical storm, which is good news.

awomanwithahammer
Knows where blueprints are hidden

Post by awomanwithahammer »

I'm hoping your house is spared, James. It's now a Cat 1 hurricane, but it's flying through at top speed, headed for us. My brother lives in Pensacola but thinks he'll be OK.
Bonnie

Manalto

Post by Manalto »

Thanks, Bonnie. Everything's fine. My only problem is a minor one - resetting the light timers. FOUR people were in contact about the house - three neighbors and the woman from the historical society. A lot of twigs came down and electricity was lost for eight hours - that's it. A friend's family in Mobile was not so lucky:

ImageMobile tree on Tim's parents' house by James McInnis, on Flickr

Nobody was hurt, so it's just hassle and expense. Some areas flooded but not where my place is.