Butler's Pantry For Sale

A place to hang out, chat and post general discussion topics. (Non-technical posts here)
Mick_VT

Re: Butler's Pantry For Sale

Post by Mick_VT »

I seriously considered the drive for this, being about to build my own butler's pantry. Unfortunately after studying the pictures for a while I realized my low ceiling height would make any attempt to transplant it futile.
Mick...

oaktree
Forgotten more than most know

Post by oaktree »

Mick_VT wrote:I seriously considered the drive for this, being about to build my own butler's pantry. Unfortunately after studying the pictures for a while I realized my low ceiling height would make any attempt to transplant it futile.

Oh no! I wanted someone from here to buy these! They are incredible!

However, I also have seen some amazing 19th century cupboards I can't fit in my house because of ceiling issue too.

Too bad!
1862 Greek Revival Farmhouse, Michigan

awomanwithahammer
Knows where blueprints are hidden

Post by awomanwithahammer »

I think it would be worth it to raise your ceilings to be able to get something like this!
Bonnie

MJ1987
Been here a while

Post by MJ1987 »

This ad is just right around the corner from me. In fact, Ober got most of his salvaged lighting from a house right behind the Historic downtown. Though the housing stock there is ripe with old structures--it's something of a bedroom community for New York City, as the train line runs right through the center of town--there's a lot of people with a lot of money going for a Fixer Upper look, so *restoration* plays second fiddle to renovation. I'm sure this pantry is becoming the victim of an open floor plan.

A friend of mine actually sent us this ad, not because we could use it, but just because the setup is so beautiful. The price is insane, though. I've salvaged similar for a couple hundred dollars. I actually asked the seller if the price included disassembly, labeling, and reassembly at the new sight :lol:

...he actually said yes to disassembly and labeling... :o
Matt

I built a chimney for a comrade old;
I did the service not for hope or hire:
And then I travelled on in winter’s cold,
Yet all the day I glowed before the fire.

-Edwin Markham

phil
Has many leather bound books

Post by phil »

is 2000.00 really a deal on this? or was the price raised? I mean I know its nice and sought after and all but If I would have seen it I would have went wow it's really nice but wouldn't have thought it to be a super duper deal or anything. Not that I've been comparing prices.