Bats out of the belfry, well at least one

A place to hang out, chat and post general discussion topics. (Non-technical posts here)
Corsetière
Knows where blueprints are hidden

Re: Bats out of the belfry, well at least one

Post by Corsetière »

Lily left the valley wrote: :doh: I guess no one wanted to climb out and grab it. That looks like a pretty precarious slope.

I've been wondering, actually if the two in the cellar were youguns as this would be about the time, I think, that any would be grown to that point where they'd be out of wherever Momma was keeping them.

lol! Yeah I get the feeling, but sheesh! I'd be afraid the window would blow down in a storm and hit someone on the head!

Corsetière

Post by Corsetière »

mjt wrote:
Corsetière wrote:I had this experience at 1am recently too.
I suited up:

Love the improvised hazmat gear!

I was really scared it was going to accidentally fly at my face! :lol:

Lily left the valley
Inventor of Knob and Tube

Post by Lily left the valley »

Corsetière wrote:
mjt wrote:
Corsetière wrote:I had this experience at 1am recently too.
I suited up:

FWIW, when I finally breach the attic panel again, my plan was a cap with same face shield. Sean said a shower cap would be better than a regular because of my pony tail. :lol:
--Proud member of the Industrious Cheapskate Club
--Currently pondering ways to encourage thoughtful restovation and discourage mindless renovation.

Corsetière

Post by Corsetière »

Lily left the valley wrote:
Corsetière wrote:
mjt wrote:

FWIW, when I finally breach the attic panel again, my plan was a cap with same face shield. Sean said a shower cap would be better than a regular because of my pony tail. :lol:

Yes good plan! make sure are completely covered!

phil
Has many leather bound books

Post by phil »

I recently went after a jumbo mouse that my cat flushed out for me. you know a mouse in the house to a cat is just continuous entertainment , she can kill it but she knows that's the end of the fun.. Man those things are quick.. finally I got him but in all my excitement I also put a deep gouge across one floorboard with the plastic broom.. I just hate them in the house after once having a few, took a long time to get rid of that stink. and that big fat one was surely an instant family ready to happen. I dontl think they get concerned about incest either ;-) I think kitty brings them in in sort of a stunned state and releases them..because she loves me.. ;-)

arwenmark
Knows the back streets

Post by arwenmark »

On one of our trips to the WV house while we were still living on Cape Cod, one day I happen to notice something on the wall of the bedroom. It took me a minute to realize it was a bat. I called my husband and he got a towel and grabbed it off the wall and took it outside.
As he was going outside I saw there was another one near the back door, so after getting the first one out he got the second one.
No idea how they got in or how long they had been there or what they had been eating.
We have not seen another one since then.

Gothichome

Post by Gothichome »

Since you brought this topic up, we had another bat incident a couple of weeks ago, I was working in the bacement, must have woke one up. First time we’ve had one in the bacement. Any how after the great bat chase in the summer of 2017 upper management bought me a butterfly net, worked much better than the broom, even if it is pink. Now what self respecting bat hunter would use a pink butterfly net. Certainly hope the neighbors didn’t see me.

phil
Has many leather bound books

Post by phil »

Naw your neighbors are just going to think the neighbor that runs around with the pink butterfly net has bats in the belfry ;-) it's a common phenomenon with old house owners. You just need more cats !

I could offer up these tenants, I had to wake them up yesterday.. it took 20 minuted of beating on the boat to rouse them.. I now have them listening to CBC radio 24x7 so that if they choose not to leave my love boat they will at least be educated bandits.
Attachments
IMG_2847.JPG
IMG_2847.JPG (122.32 KiB) Viewed 260 times

Gothichome

Post by Gothichome »

Phill, thanks for the offer but we have no boat for them to live in.

Nicholas
Shakes a cane at new house owners

Post by Nicholas »

Last night the coyotes were whooping it up in the wetlands in back of the house. My daughter taped them on her phone, saying wow thats creepy. Two weeks ago I chased one down the street with my car as I was pulling in home from work. :animals-dogrun: < coyote

All of a sudden they seem to be rampant. I am keeping the kitty pet door on the back porch closed after the kitties eat the evening snack.

Phil, I would gladly trade if Gothic doesn't want them.
1915 Frame Vernacular Bungalow

"If it ain't leanin' or a little crooked then it ain't got character"
- local resident

The BumbleBee House