One of the oldest houses in Oshawa gets a "sleek modern" renovation :(

A place to hang out, chat and post general discussion topics. (Non-technical posts here)
phil
Has many leather bound books

Re: One of the oldest houses in Oshawa gets a "sleek modern" renovation :(

Post by phil »

he';s a real estate agent. if he's within range you could invite him over and then start showing him the difference between heritage appeal and a mess ;-) in other words waste his time to come over for a little lecture,, er... I mean real estate discussion ,, lol

JacquieJet
Shakes a cane at new house owners

Post by JacquieJet »

Olson, I love how on the ball you are!! Great detective work!!

Ugh, it's just soooo super classy... especially in 10+ years when it just looks outdated and tacky (not that it isn't already tacky!). I just wish real estate professionals had more foresight... I mean, how can this guy not realize that this renovation "investment" is the equivalent to a bad 1970's grandma-esque renovation of a historic building? Disregarding the original character never ages well. It's been proven time and time again. It's a shame that people in the real estate industry don't seem to understand that. Or maybe most just don't care.

My guess is he'll probably move "offices" and sell this off before the decor reaches the expiry date.
1917-ish
Happy 100th birthday, house!!

JacquieJet
Shakes a cane at new house owners

Post by JacquieJet »

phil wrote:he';s a real estate agent. if he's within range you could invite him over and then start showing him the difference between heritage appeal and a mess ;-) in other words waste his time to come over for a little lecture,, er... I mean real estate discussion ,, lol

Oh man, this would be so tempting if I wasn't already so busy! Judging by the tone of the article though he seems like an arrogant sort... probably used to telling people things, not listening to them.
1917-ish
Happy 100th birthday, house!!