worth $15?

A place to hang out, chat and post general discussion topics. (Non-technical posts here)
phil
Has many leather bound books

Re: worth $15?

Post by phil »

you probably dont' need such big openings. If it were flooded the water is going to get into the sump even if it creeps in around the edges. maybe a piece of aluminum checkerplate? If you have a scrapyard they likely re-sell stuff like that.

Lily left the valley
Inventor of Knob and Tube

Re: worth $15?

Post by Lily left the valley »

phil wrote:you probably dont' need such big openings. If it were flooded the water is going to get into the sump even if it creeps in around the edges. maybe a piece of aluminum checkerplate? If you have a scrapyard they likely re-sell stuff like that.
I realized today that I had to add to my "rainy day projects" list getting a work light down there since the fixture above is busted (on the "before fall" shopping list).

There is an old metal drum they used for the pit, then the plastic bucket you see which seems askew. I want to get a better look in there to see how much has built up from the floor seeping in with the water. I'll look into the checkerplate.
--Proud member of the Industrious Cheapskate Club
--Currently pondering ways to encourage thoughtful restovation and discourage mindless renovation.