Finally found time to post here

A place to hang out, chat and post general discussion topics. (Non-technical posts here)
mattswabb
Shakes a cane at new house owners

Finally found time to post here

Post by mattswabb »

I've been busy the past few weeks and now have a few hours to relax. 2 weeks ago we were on vacation and spent 5 days at Tybee Island outside of Savannah. We did a few trips into Savannah to look at the old homes and see all the history. Spent some time at the beach as well.

Then we drove to Asheville for a few days and went to Biltmore for a day. I highly recommend that. Very impressive home.

Then home for a week and now I'm in Portland Oregon for work for a few days then to visit Boeing 737 facility in Seattle. Portland so far is at the top of my recommended places to visit. Nice city and great food.

Mick_VT

Re: Finally found time to post here

Post by Mick_VT »

Awesome, I thought you had gone AWOL :lol:
Mick...

Don M

Post by Don M »

Oh, the Biltmore Home; I thought you were showing us your latest new house! :shock: :mrgreen:

mattswabb
Shakes a cane at new house owners

Post by mattswabb »

Maybe if it goes up for sale I'll think about it.

I'm back from trip #2. Portland was great and I had a day and a half in Seattle. I got a tour of the 737 manufacturing plant. Very impressive. They get the bare fuselage delivered without wings or anything inside and in 3 days it's a complete plane ready for paint and preflight checks. Their output is 42 a month.

Also went up the space needle and drove around a bit there. They have a serious parking problem. I saw a lot of nice craftsman homes but you're distracted by the congested on street parking and you can't appreciate the area.

Kansas.1911
Stalwart

Post by Kansas.1911 »

Thanks for the Biltmore picture. I love to tour mansions while on vacation; obviously, the Biltmore is on the list. Consider me jealous.
Northeast Kansas
American Foursquare

Superbeetle
Been here a while

Post by Superbeetle »

mattswabb wrote:Maybe if it goes up for sale I'll think about it.

I bet even you couldn't get all those windows restored!