Old pictures of your house?

A place to hang out, chat and post general discussion topics. (Non-technical posts here)
Gothichome

Re: Old pictures of your house?

Post by Gothichome »

Gothichome wrote:I think closer to 1905 than 1910. Second car in appears to be a curved dash Olds with tiller steering.

No, I'm afraid the comic book X ray glasses I bought in the 60's failed me once again. Just a general feel and the relative size of the car and the position of the occupants. The fellow has his hand on something in the middle of the car, and it's not on the woman's knee, maybe a tiller. The first car has a profile that might be a Cadillac.

oaktree
Forgotten more than most know

Post by oaktree »

GibsonGM wrote:Really nice old images!! Here's ours...the 1895 reunion of the Grand Army of the Republic was held in our driveway!

The asbestos is gone now, but we still have the Subaru (lol). We took this pic when we were house-hunting. Some of the same trees in that pic are still here! Sadly the huge cow barn isn't. Nor is the wacky lamp post thang I ripped out same day we moved in...

Gibson, I really, really love your house!
1862 Greek Revival Farmhouse, Michigan

GibsonGM

Post by GibsonGM »

Well, thank you very much, Oak! And it's so much nicer now without that asbestos siding!

Feel free to post up some of yours! (but not with Photobucket, they don't allow linking out anymore...)

oaktree

Post by oaktree »

GibsonGM wrote:Well, thank you very much, Oak! And it's so much nicer now without that asbestos siding!

Feel free to post up some of yours! (but not with Photobucket, they don't allow linking out anymore...)

I use flickr since they have unlimited storage...so far so good. I keep my pictures contained mostly to one thread in the construction zone. I haven't touched the exterior of my house, which has beige aluminum siding and brown trim, and I likely won't for a while. The quote I got for a metal roof was staggering, and I have a few years left on the current roof. But my dream is to get it back to the original white wood siding with a silver roof like yours! I even was thinking of using the same trim color as you...you have my favorite combination of colors, and I love old homes with such simple shapes like yours.
1862 Greek Revival Farmhouse, Michigan

GibsonGM

Post by GibsonGM »

Yup, you can't beat an old cape! At least around here (Maine). My wife picked the colors..not really typical old farmhouse (would've ALL been white), but it works!

Current roof is asphalt? Hard to see in the pic. One day you'll just start ripping off the siding..it will just happen, LOL!