Time to party.

A place to hang out, chat and post general discussion topics. (Non-technical posts here)
Nicholas
Shakes a cane at new house owners

Time to party.

Post by Nicholas »

Yep...I am sick of walking back and forth in this house, drink in hand, wondering what the hell happened....

It will be 1 year this week since the Honeybee passed away leaving me alone in our now completed and empty Bumblebee nest, the nest that we only spent 1 year and two months in together having restored it as best as we could..

With three daughters in their 20's, I had a sudden revelation.

When we bought our 50's era ranch in Fort Lauderdale in 1983 we we were the first and youngest family on that street in decades, the homes around us still owned by original folks.

Within 3 years of us moving there we had five young families move into that street, a total of 16 children which prompted our mayor to close off that street to cut through traffic.

Because my wife was the way she was our house was always opened to the kids on the street, to the point where I was considering installing a revolving door. I would at times escape to the bedroom, if blood wasn't coming under the door I guess everything was ok.

Well fast forward to where I am at today as I type this. A house that is somewhere between 95 and 100 years old, that saw its share of family life and fun with what I know of its history.

I am going to turn this house into a den of fun and food. I am going to bring things here back to life, I even have the bar in the screened in porch with my "lite " neon sign and the fluorescent Budweiser sign to add the ambiance ready to be plugged in.

Want to smoke pot? go in back of the barn. I'll join you later after I stir the meat balls. Or check on the smoker owned by my neighbor across the street.

This is what the Honeybee would want. Family and friends.

Thanks for listening. If your in the area PM me and get invited.

Yay!

PS....I just passed out.....
1915 Frame Vernacular Bungalow

"If it ain't leanin' or a little crooked then it ain't got character"
- local resident

The BumbleBee House

Willa
Revered expert in almost everything

Re: Time to party.

Post by Willa »

This is a great way to remember and honour your Honeybee.

What music will you be playing ? Can I bring the B-52's second album, "Wild Planet" ? Will there be a place to dance ? Are party outfits encouraged ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNjo63Ytdek

Neighmond

Post by Neighmond »

I just had my geezer birthday..... Count me in, I'll bring mammie's BBQ sauce and some nice drinking medium!

Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Wow, so I came on here now to see what I had wrought and I got two invitees already.

Willa, I have one copy of the B52's (rock lobster) in my extensive vinyl collection that dates to the mid 60's. I would have to break out the 60's era amp and later model turntable, but I have no speakers.

So! Music will be provided by a computer assisted app of some sort. Dancing can be on the back porch, but it is going to be hot summer by time I get these shows in action.

Neighmond, always love the barbecue. My neighbor across the street recently fired up his smoker for the pulled pork, my windows were open and the house was filled with delicious smoke all day.

Going to plan this first one sometime in June.

- local resident

The BumbleBee House

Neighmond

Post by Neighmond »

Oink! I mean yum!

Got some 60's vinyl here too, lots of Pete Seegar, PP&M, Simon & Garfunkel. got a pile of Hank Williams and Johnny Cash too!

I'll bring the speakers that I used auctioneering and we'll help the whole town celebrate!

Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

My speakers were old and starting to frazzle, of course blasting LEE MICHAELS STORMY MONDAY didn't help.

My collection includes everything from mowtown to beatles to 60's psychedelic to bluegrass to big band jazz.

Oh and happy Geezer birthday! :character-oldtimer:

- local resident

The BumbleBee House

CS in Low Hud
Forgotten more than most know

Post by CS in Low Hud »

Sounds like an awesome way to remember your wife!

What constitutes Geezer, BTW? I'm about to turn 50.

Chris

Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

CS in Low Hud wrote:Sounds like an awesome way to remember your wife!

What constitutes Geezer, BTW? I'm about to turn 50.

Chris

Lets put it this way: I wish I was about to turn 50. :music-rockon:

- local resident

The BumbleBee House

heartwood

Post by heartwood »

Nicholas....
indeed, what a way to honor the memory of your honeybee...so sorry you had a short time together in your home...friends, family, food, drinks, joints and music--sounds like a great time to me!!

...jade

Deb
Knows the back streets

Post by Deb »

Nicolas...Go for it! I am sure it's exactly what your honeybee would want! It dawned on me a few yrs after my husband died, that if we don't go on to live again and laugh again (and for some, even love again) then that means that the end result of the love we shared with our spouses was something damaging to our lives, instead of something that enhanced our lives. I know in my heart that she would want you to go on living, and not just existing!