Lincrusta

A place to hang out, chat and post general discussion topics. (Non-technical posts here)
Lily left the valley
Inventor of Knob and Tube

Lincrusta

Post by Lily left the valley »

A piece of Lincrusta from one of the Rockefeller homes made "Object of the Day" at one of my daily browse sites. There's also some other images showing it in the actual mansion before the building was torn down.

There's a brief bit of history about Lincrusta and its knock-offs in the write up.

Lincrusta-Walton wallpaper installed in 1884 at the Rockefeller Mansion

--Proud member of the Industrious Cheapskate Club
--Currently pondering ways to encourage thoughtful restovation and discourage mindless renovation.

Corsetière
Knows where blueprints are hidden

Re: Lincrusta

Post by Corsetière »

Love it! Very similar in coloring to the lincrusta in the Driehaus museum.

Lily left the valley

It is indeed.

I love Lincrusta so much that I'm still trying to figure out how to sneak some in the Baker Bungalow. We'll be on a shoestring budget for new-old interior deco for a while, given what the home needs on the shorter term which trumps my wants. I know spouse will give me some side eye rolls when he sees the price for such. :D
--Currently pondering ways to encourage thoughtful restovation and discourage mindless renovation.

arwenmark
Knows the back streets

Post by arwenmark »

I have some Lincrusta in my house near the stairs, but it looks like little electric guitars.

Gothichome

Post by Gothichome »

Arwenmark, you should post a pic of your lincrusta. If no one else is, i’m Curious now.

arwenmark
Knows the back streets

Post by arwenmark »

It used to be easy to post pictures with photobucket but now they want at least $100. a year for an account and $300 for their premier account.

Mick_VT

Post by Mick_VT »

arwenmark wrote:It used to be easy to post pictures with photobucket but now they want at least $100. a year for an account and $300 for their premier account.

No need to use Photobucket - you can just add them directly to your post here - use the full editor and use the "attachments" tab
Mick...

Lily left the valley

arwenmark wrote:It used to be easy to post pictures with photobucket but now they want at least $100. a year for an account and $300 for their premier account.
This site also gives us free gallery space too if you're having trouble with direct uploads to threads (especially with orientation).

I await the guitars! :popcorn:

FWIW, I had a hobby of mine get slammed thanks to Photobucket's change last year. What a nightmare that was for me, finding a new host and changing out links where needed. :wtf: