Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:56 pm

A place to hang out, chat and post general discussion topics. (Non-technical posts here)
JacquieJet
Shakes a cane at new house owners

Re: Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:56 pm

Post by JacquieJet »

Mick_VT wrote:
JacquieJet wrote:Congrats! Awesome!
One feature I would love would be to be notified when someone either replies directly to one of my posts, or at all if a thread I posted gets replies. Sometimes I don't notice that stuff for a while!

Also, if it could somehow be easier to update the avatar, that would be great! I keep wanting to update mine to reflect the house as it currently is, but resizing the image is like rocket science to me, haha.

Thanks!

Hi JJ,

The site already does what you ask on the first part:

You should already get notifications if somebody quotes you on a post, I think you can turn that on or off in the User Control Panel (click on your name in the top right hand corner).

For knowing if somebody posts on your thread, (or any others that you are interested in) you can "subscribe" to a topic. That way the board will let you know by PM (or email based on prefs) when a new post is made on the thread. Current subscriptions can be managed through the User Control Panel.

For the second part, take a look in the Clerk of Works, there is a post on "how to post pictures" see here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=70 I know that isn't your exact ask but it gives help on how to resize images. If that doesn't work, then PM me and we can work something out :D

Thanks, Mick! I'm obviously terrible with technology, heh heh. I'll have to give it a go again. Thanks for the help!
1917-ish
Happy 100th birthday, house!!