screaming room

A place to hang out, chat and post general discussion topics. (Non-technical posts here)
Gothichome

Re: screaming room

Post by Gothichome »

I to have never heard of a screaming room. As discribed it sounds like a storage room for things like travel trunks, and the like. Gothichome had one and I have seen them in many in older homes. Usually on the second floor and often between rooms as described.

Willa
Revered expert in almost everything

Post by Willa »

I have some frowning locations throughout the house, where I can get frozen looking at a troubled area for a spell, while ruminating. Nothing has made me scream yet, which I hope to never encounter. Just frowning and some sad head shaking.

Lily left the valley
Inventor of Knob and Tube

Post by Lily left the valley »

Willa wrote:I have some frowning locations throughout the house, where I can get frozen looking at a troubled area for a spell, while ruminating. Nothing has made me scream yet, which I hope to never encounter. Just frowning and some sad head shaking.
I like this notion, Willa "frowning locations". I'm finding a lot of those lately. :lol:
--Proud member of the Industrious Cheapskate Club
--Currently pondering ways to encourage thoughtful restovation and discourage mindless renovation.

Casey
Wizened and wise in the old ways

Post by Casey »

Screaming room is adjacent to the Defenestration window and exsanguination cupboard.
The artist formerly known as Sombreuil