What I did at my house today...

A place to hang out, chat and post general discussion topics. (Non-technical posts here)
Sinoed
Knows the area

Re: What I did at my house today...

Post by Sinoed »

It's hard to tell how big that one strip of wallpaper is in your photo. I'd save it and put it in a frame to hang on the wall as a record of the history of the house. It looks way better with that wall gone. :thumbup:

I love those mantles, I have two stone fireplaces in my house and unfortunately both were painted. I wish I could replace them like you've done. The replacements look great.

Ober51
Forgotten more than most know

Post by Ober51 »

Smashing up a cast iron bathtub is a treat. A couple smashed fingers later, we are good to go.

Tiling time today!

maxhall1023
Knows the back streets

Post by maxhall1023 »

Mick_VT wrote:got this shutter disassembled, stripped of paint, repaired and put back together again, well ok, I started it yesterday, but got it back together today :D Next up will be its pair, then that will be me done with shutters this year, they are time consuming in the extreme to rebuild.

That mortiser is super sweet!

Mick_VT

Post by Mick_VT »

maxhall1023 wrote:That mortiser is super sweet!

Thank you - I don't get nearly enough opportunity to use it. Hopefully that will change later this year :D
Mick...

maxhall1023
Knows the back streets

Post by maxhall1023 »

Wow beautiful craftsmanship and materials... where did you procure your antique tile?
Corsetière wrote:Progress!

Corsetière
Knows where blueprints are hidden

Post by Corsetière »

Sinoed wrote:It's hard to tell how big that one strip of wallpaper is in your photo. I'd save it and put it in a frame to hang on the wall as a record of the history of the house. It looks way better with that wall gone. :thumbup:

Thanks, yeah, I have been saving some of the pieces of wallpaper. Some of it is very cool!

Corsetière

Post by Corsetière »

maxhall1023 wrote:Wow beautiful craftsmanship and materials... where did you procure your antique tile?

Thanks! I found some of it at a salvage yard and some of it on ebay. :D
Strangely, the two batches of tile were produced by the same manufacturer in Ohio.

Corsetière

Post by Corsetière »

I learned something very valuable today! If your (brand new) shower arm breaks off in the elbow in the wall , you can get out the threaded fragment with a 10" tapered file. Just tap the file into the hole with a hammer and turn the file counterclockwise with pliers! Voila! Finally a shower!

Gothichome

Post by Gothichome »

Corcetiere, your learning too many tradesman/woman tricks. Us tradesmen will be out of work soon. :thumbup: extra points if you can tell us what type of file it is? Well done, and thanks for posting that little trick for all to learn.

heartwood

Post by heartwood »

c--where there's a will................