You Might Be an Old Home Owner if...

A place to hang out, chat and post general discussion topics. (Non-technical posts here)
phil
Has many leather bound books

Re: You Might Be an Old Home Owner if...

Post by phil »

I collect old radios in various states of disrepair and have them stored in every nick and cranny. mostly nothing really valuable but I like restoring and collecting them. I always got reactions when dating. Most just didn't understand it or thought of it as clutter. well at least you aren't in the bar every night ...kids are amazed having never seen anything like it. Many I will simply keep warm and dry and will never have enough lifetime to fully restore so Ill pass them on to future collectors. ( the radios I mean lol ) Most younger people like in their 20's don't' get it , they just see it as storing outdated electronics. but some think differently and love all the neat styles of art deco cabinets and such. A collection can be a burden. I would sure dread moving, but at least I have interests.
All of a sudden now i am with someone "reasonable" she dusts them even ;-) I'm slowly downsizing at a snails pace, but have come to the realization I get more pleasure from buying stuff than parting with it. I have a weakness for anything with a rotten rubber cord hanging out of it. Some get so pent up about having everything in it's place. I went out with a girl for a couple of years previous. I remember the first time I entered her perfectly laid out condo. I glanced around and noted that every item on her counter was either square to the wall or at a perfect 45 degree angle and no dust anywhere.. everythign was black or white. she showed me her painting skills because she had painted all her wood furniture black ! I just though hoo boy,, Im in trouble ;-) I really was .. LOL ;-)

phil

Post by phil »

you know you are an old house lover when you are invited into someones home and you feel scared to sit on the furniture in case you leave a trail.. , or you meet your boss in the supermarket wearing your painting grubs and think oh well .. lol ;-)

kelt65
Stalwart

Post by kelt65 »

You might be an old home nut if you don't mind going out covered in paint smudges and old house pixie dust.

Powermuffin
Forgotten more than most know

Post by Powermuffin »

Oh nice stories Phil and Mo! I hope the happiness sticks fast.
Diane

Mick_VT

Post by Mick_VT »

kelt65 wrote:You might be an old home nut if you don't mind going out covered in paint smudges and old house pixie dust.

You might be an old home owner if, that pixie dust has a probability of containing lead and/or asbestos, and certainly has a high concentration of mouse droppings :D
Mick...

Sow's Ear Mal
Stalwart

Post by Sow's Ear Mal »

Mick_VT wrote:
kelt65 wrote:You might be an old home nut if you don't mind going out covered in paint smudges and old house pixie dust.

You might be an old home owner if, that pixie dust has a probability of containing lead and/or asbestos, and certainly has a high concentration of mouse droppings :D

And you don't really care, lol

Mick_VT

Post by Mick_VT »

Sow's Ear Mal wrote:And you don't really care, lol

LOL or are perhaps in denial :doh: :lol:
Mick...

phil

Post by phil »

You might be an old house owner if you measure dust by the inch rather than parts per million . ;)

phil

Post by phil »

Your to do list can't have any relation to real time because you know it would exceed three lifetimes!

Ireland House
Been here a while

Post by Ireland House »

Instead of playing with her Barbies, your five year old spins back and forth on the floor pretending to be a gas valve.
Today is my happily ever after.