Need some help finding a 2 or 3 light cast iron street lamp

Furniture, furnishings and other items of antique interest
ColonialRevivalPete
Settling in

Need some help finding a 2 or 3 light cast iron street lamp

Post by ColonialRevivalPete »

Hi all,

I need some help from the forum with this. I am looking for a 2 or 3 light cast iron street lamp between 8' and 10' tall. This is for some friends as thiers was taken out by an errant snow plow last winter. If you or any of your contacts might have some leads on this either a post or PM on here would be greatly appreciated. I have a picture of the original but it does not need to match. Thanks for your help.
Attachments
street lamp
street lamp
1598111699958 crop.jpg (340.38 KiB) Viewed 1934 times

Manalto
Inventor of Knob and Tube

Re: Need some help finding a 2 or 3 light cast iron street lamp

Post by Manalto »

I imagine this sort of thing is hit-or-miss, but you (they) might try United House Wrecking in Stamford, Connecticut. I saw a couple of cast iron street lamps there but it's been a while.

https://unitedhousewrecking.com/

I also recommend that your friends put some boulders and rebar set in concrete in the path of the snow plow.

phil
Has many leather bound books

Re: Need some help finding a 2 or 3 light cast iron street lamp

Post by phil »

They look french to me. I wondered if areas like New Orleans might have a lot of that style? Maybe there are some better historians that could give info on what areas of the US had a french influence. Quebec in Canada but I am far from there. I found some sites that have Chinese knock offs that look similar but the websites had a lot of popups and gimmicks going on, that's a good way to get spyware and such so I didn't feel comfortable posting links. you can always search for images on google and see if you see what you like. a lot of of sites like pinterest have a lot of images but also the resulting spyware from hopping around, some websites are malicious and the spyware gets installed invisibly and then your computer slows down and then you need to run software to remove them. Probably a good thing to do from a library computer ;-)