Beautiful light fixture on FB

Furniture, furnishings and other items of antique interest
awomanwithahammer
Knows where blueprints are hidden

Re: Beautiful light fixture on FB

Post by awomanwithahammer »

I do think it's a beautiful light, but you are far more knowledgeable about it than I, Ron. That's why I asked for advice. As much as I like it, unless someone here wants it, I'm going to pass on it. I don't have any use for it and I'm not willing to offer what it's probably worth. Hopefully, someone will buy it and give it the home it deserves.
Bonnie

Manalto
Inventor of Knob and Tube

Post by Manalto »

Regarding the background in the photo: I can tell you what month in 1986 they put up that border wallpaper and mini blinds.

One thing I've had to be aware of when choosing decorating details for Thornwood is simplicity. It is by no means a grand house and it's post Victorian, so plainer fixtures harmonize better. (I don't have a great deal of confidence in my choices so it makes sense for me to lay down a few simple, self-imposed rules.) I enjoy seeing things like this though, with its hand-painted shades that are unmistakably a thing of the past.

1918ColonialRevival

Post by 1918ColonialRevival »

Gothichome wrote:I think you folks are undervaluing this fixture....

Looking at it on a different monitor, I now see that the polychrome finish is nice. Since it's a polychrome finish, I'd say it's probably cast aluminum and in turn would be lighter weight than a bronze fixture.

That said, I'm really cheap. :lol: I could see it bringing $200 CDN (roughly about $150 USD), but I probably wouldn't go any higher than $100 USD.

Mick_VT

Post by Mick_VT »

It now says asking price is $175
Mick...

awomanwithahammer

Yes, I saw that. It doesn't say, but I'm guessing that's for all three. I love the chandelier, but I doubt I will have a house old enough for it, so I am passing on it. He must not be getting any interest in it. Pity.
Bonnie

Gothichome

Post by Gothichome »

$175(US) for all three, buy them all and flog the two pendents for $50. $125 I think is a great price for that chandelier. But as AWWH mentioned, you do need the right house and decorating in period.

awomanwithahammer

Would you be interested in it, Ron? I'd be happy to buy it and either ship it to you or make James bring it to you when he goes back North. Because, you know, Connecticut is right there next to Canada. :lol:
Bonnie

Gothichome

Post by Gothichome »

Bonnie, thanks for the offer but Gothichome has all the lamps it needs. Not only that it is far to new. And you are correct, Canada is just one state away, I can see no issues with James’s courier service going a little out of his way. :-)