I got my Mojo back! A new find!

Furniture, furnishings and other items of antique interest
Corsetière
Knows where blueprints are hidden

I got my Mojo back! A new find!

Post by Corsetière »

I found this sweet pair of sconces on eBay and am super happy. My hope is that they will replace the current depressing hall lights. If they don't fit there, I also think they would be quite nice in my bedroom on either side of the vanity. I have been casually looking for something special for the hall for about 3 years. When I saw that they have leaves and coordinate with the nice sconces that came with the house, I had to jump on it and buy them! I'll need to rewire but I think they are quite lovely!

I have 2 like single bulb and 2 more that double bulbs fixtures that came with the house.

Manalto
Inventor of Knob and Tube

Re: I got my Mojo back! A new find!

Post by Manalto »

Nice find! They sure do look like they belong to the same family. Those Uno fitters may be a later addition?

mjt
Shakes a cane at new house owners

Post by mjt »

Love them!

Corsetière

Post by Corsetière »

Manalto wrote:Nice find! They sure do look like they belong to the same family. Those Uno fitters may be a later addition?

Yeah I am not sure! Everything has the same color and patina, so it is hard to say. I did notice one of the sockets is a slightly different type though. With the fitters being there, I can choice some really outstanding art glass shades! :dance:

Gothichome

Post by Gothichome »

Good find, some nice etched or coloured glass shades will just set them off.

Corsetière

Post by Corsetière »

Gothichome wrote:Good find, some nice etched or coloured glass shades will just set them off.

Yeah! I am so tempted to go for some favrile shades because the colors are so stunning, but I kind of have to balance the fact that this might block out some light. I saw a reproduction favrile flame shade that came in blue/green favrile or lavender/gold. So gorgeous.

1918ColonialRevival

Post by 1918ColonialRevival »

Nice find. Should be easy to re-wire if they need it. Looking at the sockets, shade fitters, and the "leaf" surrounds for the sockets, I'd date the newly found ones to about 1915 or so. The others may be slightly older, maybe 1910-12 or thereabouts. The leaf socket surrounds started falling out of favor by the WWI era.

Corsetière

Post by Corsetière »

1918ColonialRevival wrote:Nice find. Should be easy to re-wire if they need it. Looking at the sockets, shade fitters, and the "leaf" surrounds for the sockets, I'd date the newly found ones to about 1915 or so. The others may be slightly older, maybe 1910-12 or thereabouts. The leaf socket surrounds started falling out of favor by the WWI era.

Yeah there are some original wires in them and the sockets look older than dirt, so I think it is wise just to rewire. :)

I'd love to find 2 more similar to this!

Corsetière

Post by Corsetière »

You guys have have no idea how happy I will be to replace the gross fixture that is there right now! I will post a before and after photo! ha ha!

Gothichome

Post by Gothichome »

Corcetiere, i’m sure you will find another set. As far as mounting nice favrile shades, who would notice the loss of a few lummens of light when you have the ’ Oooooo’ factor of nice shades.