Latest Organ Restoration

Furniture, furnishings and other items of antique interest
phil
Has many leather bound books

Re: Latest Organ Restoration

Post by phil »

sometimes you just have to have fun. Yesterday I went to buy a motor start capacitor, so I got to the place and handed him a bulged out capacitor. I said my capacitor is pregnant, I was told maybe you can help with an abortion or something. he laughed and said that gets expensive when they get pregnant like that. it was 20 bucks and I said thats too cheap , you know they are listing the same part on ebay for $100 or even $200? he wrote down the name of his supplier. Acme .. I said I know of the company, that's where while E coyote gets his stuff.. sometimes you just have to have a little fun. hope I didnt' insult anyone , Im cool with however you like to tighten the screws ;-) not getting dirty is laughable.. yesterday I had to fix a metal cutting bandsaw. the guy uses an air blower to clear the chips so the whole walls , machine everythign in the area is covered with 1/4" thick layer of a mixture of sticky coolant and metal chips.. its a foot from the wall, now I have to go squish between to fix the thing. now I'm caught between trying not to insult the guy and saying really? am I the janitor here? lol.. I called a sparky, he din't want to touch the thing. this mess is just too messy;-)

I guess we should get back to he organ.. I'm going to get into trouble with the manager for going too far off the deep end...

Its looking beautiful! every part is getting love and attention. the recreated parts are a work of art. this is definitely a labor of love.