Electrifying Gas Chandelier

Furniture, furnishings and other items of antique interest
phil
Has many leather bound books

Re: Electrifying Gas Chandelier

Post by phil »

It makes me wonder how hard it would be to design a circuit to make the power slowly ramp up,, that would be neat too..
at one point I did a website about old radios, it was slow loading and I found a script that would load a splash screen so it would show that while the images all loaded. at the time people had pretty slow connectivity , a lot on dial up..
so I made a page that said please wait while the tubes warm up.. which fit the theme, it was fun.. anyway back to lamps. Yea loctite, if you wan tot break the loctite you can heat it up with a torch. maybe that wouldn't wreck the valve.

Jamie
Settling in

Post by Jamie »

Fishing the new wires through the tubing can be frustrating. The easiest way is to use a bead chain to pull the wires through. I have found the most flexible wire to use is the rubber/fabric coated reproduction wiring. For this light I simply used the wire from the reproduction rayon coated lamp cord.
Combination gas/electric sconces being rewired 2011:
Fishing the wires through:
Installed and hooked up. Gas flames behind "gas light clock" and lithophane shade to the left of each sconce and gasolier, electric to the right/Stuben shades:

phil
Has many leather bound books

Post by phil »

or you can just buy a new lamp...
this old IKEA commercial makes me chuckle..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFztDZRtplw

StoneHouseGuy
Knows the area

Post by StoneHouseGuy »

thanks, still haven't gotten any further with the light fixture. Those winter holiday decorations don't come down on their own ... ha ha