Chandeliers!

Furniture, furnishings and other items of antique interest
Corsetière
Knows where blueprints are hidden

Chandeliers!

Post by Corsetière »

I think I hit the jackpot again! I scored these two early 20th century chandeliers today at $5 for the PAIR! :lol:

They have a hideous silver spray paint finish, but I can fix that! (in my *spare* time! Right? :crazy: )
Once I started working on cleaning it up, it found out my suspicions were correct! It at one time had a lovely polychrome finish!

I thought they were a lovely design so I asked the seller what she wanted for them. I thought she might say $40 for the pair and I was thinking I might do $20, seeing how much work needs to be done on them. Even with the labor and new electrical parts, I think I will do quite nicely at $5. :lol:

Willa
Revered expert in almost everything

Re: Chandeliers!

Post by Willa »

Hahaha, I can only laugh with delight at your extreme good fortune !

Now where IS this place, with sellers who think/price like this ?

Corsetière

Post by Corsetière »

Willa wrote:Hahaha, I can only laugh with delight at your extreme good fortune !

Now where IS this place, with sellers who think/price like this ?

I really do deserve a few good turns after all the awfulness/weirdness, don't I?!? :lol: :lol: :lol:
I was literally in shock when she said $5 and I said "each" then she said: "No, for the pair. I was just going to use them as halloween decoration." I just about died there on the spot.

Did I tell you how I recently found an authentic Civil War Union officer's frock coat in a trash bag of old clothes?! it turned out to be worth $3000! That sale helped me out very nicely here. :lol:

Willa

Post by Willa »

Man - you have been having quite a spell of finder's luck.

Any pics of the frock coat ?

Kashka-Kat
Stalwart

Post by Kashka-Kat »

Dang, those are nice! Just the right balance of elegant but not too "foofy" (is that a word.)

Corsetière

Post by Corsetière »

Yup!

I just wish I would start finding some things that are less of a "project" next! lol!

Thanks, Kashka!

Willa

Post by Willa »

Holy Moly ! This is the season where the occasional gem like this gets put out with the halloween costumes in thrift stores.

What a score. It looks like it is in immaculate condition, too. I bet the buyer was as happy as you were !

Corsetière

Post by Corsetière »

Yeah this was a shocker. It was an exquisitely made piece and the tailoring was just perfect. When I first looked at it, I thought it was a fraternal order coat and then I saw the Infantry buttons. :D

Yes, the buyer was really happy! He sent me photos of it on display in his house. It was a little tough for me to part with though, because it was really beautiful. lol!

Lily left the valley
Inventor of Knob and Tube

Post by Lily left the valley »

Kashka-Kat wrote:Dang, those are nice! Just the right balance of elegant but not too "foofy" (is that a word.)
It's totally a word, and appropriate to boot.

Corsetière, I'm really glad the powers that be have given you some gifts to help ease through the headaches this year.
--Proud member of the Industrious Cheapskate Club
--Currently pondering ways to encourage thoughtful restovation and discourage mindless renovation.

Gothichome

Post by Gothichome »

Corcetiere, greatly find in those chandeliers. Don't know whether they would be gothic revival or arts and crafts. With the polychrome paint, most definitely from the twenties.