Chandeliers!

Furniture, furnishings and other items of antique interest
Corsetière
Knows where blueprints are hidden

Re: Chandeliers!

Post by Corsetière »

Gothichome wrote:Corcetiere, greatly find in those chandeliers. Don't know whether they would be gothic revival or arts and crafts. With the polychrome paint, most definitely from the twenties.

Thanks! I thought so too! I think it will make restoration a little easier on me because I think even the gold color was painted originally. So I will just clean off what I can and airbrush it as close to the original as I can

Lily left the valley wrote:
Kashka-Kat wrote:Dang, those are nice! Just the right balance of elegant but not too "foofy" (is that a word.)
It's totally a word, and appropriate to boot.

Corsetière, I'm really glad the powers that be have given you some gifts to help ease through the headaches this year.

lol! Thank you!

1918ColonialRevival

Post by 1918ColonialRevival »

They look to be mid '20s and are probably cast aluminum or cast iron (a magnet would be a quick way to check). As for style, they seem to be a blend of Tudor and Mediterranean. I'd love to see what they looked like before they got the Krylon treatment. Most of the polychrome fixtures had a gold or bronze base coat with details painted afterward. You'll get these looking great again! You can't beat the price!

Corsetière

Post by Corsetière »

Yeah I think they are aluminum. I have a great airbrush that I can use to get that subtle gold, rose, and green finish on them again. I'll post a photo when I'm done with them! :)

phil
Has many leather bound books

Post by phil »

when I wired my kitchen I put two lights up and cursed myself since because it is hard to find pairs like that. the ones I picked just to pass the wiring have those round flourescent tubes.. I hate buying more tubes, they cost quite a bit.. each has two round tubes.. they aren't antique looking at all either.

I want to rub up against Corsetiere to see if some of that luck rubs off ;-) Nice score! and the coat story wow ! keep shopping ! ;-)

Corsetière

Post by Corsetière »

lol! Yeah, at least I have some good antiques juju!