New old stock Switch Plates

Furniture, furnishings and other items of antique interest
Mick_VT

New old stock Switch Plates

Post by Mick_VT »

After surviving untouched for decades, it almost seems criminal to use these! I have yet to decide what to do witht he wrappers. I could gift them to the living museum I work at - they are a tiny bit later than the general store exhibit, but OK enough. I am also tempted to hide them in a wall
Attachments
IMG_6477.JPG
IMG_6477.JPG (1.2 MiB) Viewed 359 times
Mick...

phil
Has many leather bound books

Re: New old stock Switch Plates

Post by phil »

you could make a mold and pour in epoxy with brown dye, then you can get rich selling them on ebay ;-) you could even reprint the coin envelopes on your inkjet ;-)

Lily left the valley
Inventor of Knob and Tube

Post by Lily left the valley »

Mick_VT wrote:After surviving untouched for decades, it almost seems criminal to use these! I have yet to decide what to do witht he wrappers. I could gift them to the living museum I work at - they are a tiny bit later than the general store exhibit, but OK enough. I am also tempted to hide them in a wall

If you do put them in a wall, I'd write a note to slip inside about when you found them and put them to use. That would really blow whomever's mind that finds them. A hidden treasure with a story meant for the finder!
--Proud member of the Industrious Cheapskate Club
--Currently pondering ways to encourage thoughtful restovation and discourage mindless renovation.

Shrimpdip
Knows the area

Post by Shrimpdip »

Neat find! We found these when cleaning out the basement when we moved in.

As we redo a room, we put the repro pushbutton switches in with the old faceplates. The couple empty boxes we found had the paper that wrapped up the brass plates neatly folded back up and put back inside the box.
"How will we know it’s us without our past?" -John Steinbeck