Had to share this!

Furniture, furnishings and other items of antique interest
Old house lady
Knows the back streets

Had to share this!

Post by Old house lady »

At work, so I'm looking through Craigslist - came across this gloriousness!!!!! While not actually an antique, you've got to admit its unique...

https://newjersey.craigslist.org/atd/6023427433.html

Willa
Revered expert in almost everything

Re: Had to share this!

Post by Willa »

Hahaha, it has a certain "look" going on. If you like RED and velvet and gold and some faux Chinoiserie, well this the set for you. Plus you need a gigantic living room !

00h0h_1m7n7wbm9fQ_1200x900.jpg
00h0h_1m7n7wbm9fQ_1200x900.jpg (229.58 KiB) Viewed 781 times

00t0t_gpSdSx1qmVM_1200x900.jpg
00t0t_gpSdSx1qmVM_1200x900.jpg (203.01 KiB) Viewed 781 times

00X0X_65sAFO9pht1_600x450.jpg
00X0X_65sAFO9pht1_600x450.jpg (60.23 KiB) Viewed 781 times

01313_b7CfzSxt32G_1200x900.jpg
01313_b7CfzSxt32G_1200x900.jpg (210.92 KiB) Viewed 781 times

Willa
Revered expert in almost everything

Post by Willa »

And here I was feeling sort of guilty for crushing on this antique sofa 6 hours away from me:

$_27-1.JPG
$_27-1.JPG (47.04 KiB) Viewed 781 times

Olson185
Been here a good while

Post by Olson185 »

Old house lady wrote:At work, so I'm looking through Craigslist - came across this gloriousness!!!!! While not actually an antique, you've got to admit its unique...

https://newjersey.craigslist.org/atd/6023427433.html

I don't know which is funnier, the object of your link or the admission, "At work, so I'm looking through Craigslist..."

ROFL, no, the admission if funnier.
~James

Fourth generation in a family of artists, engineers, architects, woodworkers, and metalworkers. Mine is a family of Viking craftsmen. What we can't create, we pillage, and there's nothing we can't create. But, sometimes, we pillage anyway.

Gothichome

Post by Gothichome »

Ya, that set is down right ugly, at the best it's tacky as hell. I like the Craig's list description mentioning Trump in a faint comparison to 'the Donald'. I just got over the image of the gold on gold, on gold set posted about six months ago here in the District. Now I have a new image that I'll have trouble unseeing for a long while. Now back to work Old house lady, big brother may be monitoring your usage.

Duffy666
Knows the area

Post by Duffy666 »

:-D Lol, there you go hunny....you're in your full tacky glory and the District now knows what I deal with every time I say "yes dear"! :D
Another day on the correct side of the dirt.

Mick_VT

Post by Mick_VT »

If done right.... dare I say it.... you could actually make that stuff work in a big Victorian
Mick...

Old house lady
Knows the back streets

Post by Old house lady »

Willa - thanks for grabbing the pics - now I can save them forever! I'm with you about that pink beauty!

Olson - while my underpowered work laptop is plodding along trying to process something, I'll often pick up my phone...

Gothic - yes, big brother is always watching. Thank goodness for Verizon (never thought Id ever say that!)

Mick - Oh, I like the way you think - now to work on getting the $$ and the Duffy 'yes dear' :think:

Lily left the valley
Inventor of Knob and Tube

Post by Lily left the valley »

Willa wrote:And here I was feeling sort of guilty for crushing on this antique sofa 6 hours away from me:

I have a personal rule where I never feel guilt for a crush. No matter what the object of said crush may be.

Now, guilt from a purchase? That's different... :whistle:

Old house lady wrote:{snip}Mick - Oh, I like the way you think - now to work on getting the $$ and the Duffy 'yes dear' :think:

*coughs* :shifty: I don't know if I should mention this, but Ralph Lauren makes a gold house paint that looks spectacular if your base coat is a nice warm brown. (If you use white, it comes out looking much tackier than the gold on that couch!)

I only know this, of course, because I once had to paint an entire post-apocalyptic set gold. (Hooray for spray guns!)
--Proud member of the Industrious Cheapskate Club
--Currently pondering ways to encourage thoughtful restovation and discourage mindless renovation.

Duffy666
Knows the area

Post by Duffy666 »

Old house lady wrote:
Mick - Oh, I like the way you think - now to work on getting the $$ and the Duffy 'yes dear' :think:

Yes Dear :-(
Another day on the correct side of the dirt.