InnerGlass Window Systems

Need professional help? Got great service? Tell others about it here. (Tradespersons, Companies, Suppliers too)
District_Clerk
Site Admin

InnerGlass Window Systems

Post by District_Clerk »

http://www.stormwindows.com/why-interior-storm-windows/

I can't tell enough people about how good these storm windows are. I have been slowly removing the old worn triple tracks to restore the original historic appearance of my home. Last year I purchased their compression fit interior storm windows to replace them.

In a nutshell they are very well made, super easy to install and fit like a glove. Each storm is custom made to your measurements (they have a detailed measurement worksheet) to ensure a super tight fit and seal. Once installed you can hardly tell they are there. They are very, very easy to remove if you should want to open the window. We leave ours in year round and just pop one out when we want to open the sash for some air.

2015-01-14 08.20.25 copy.jpg
2015-01-14 08.20.25 copy.jpg (136.6 KiB) Viewed 3198 times

This is how well they work, taken on a cold (20 below) January morning. the window on the left does not have its inner storm and is covered in ice on the inside, the one on the right does have its storm. The one on the left is actually much closer to a heat source than the one on the right. The other noticeable difference is how well they insulate against sound. We live next to a mill dam, you can hardly hear the water with the storms in!

heartwood

Re: InnerGlass Window Systems

Post by heartwood »

did you actually meet david and kimba or order for shipment?

innerglass installed storms on a large restoration project I worked on...one of the windows was a 10 foot tall round top...david created this contraption to measure and outline the radius....it took two people to handle it and I was one of them!

...jade

Mick_VT

Post by Mick_VT »

heartwood wrote:did you actually meet david and kimba or order for shipment?

I ordered them for shipment, though I did get to speak to both David and Kimber during the ordering process, really nice folks.

The turnaround at the time was longer than normal due the the fact that they announced a price increase (it caused a rush of orders before the deadline). But they got them done and shipped exactly when they said they would. Unfortunately although they are crated really nicely, one window was broken when it arrived (corner impact on crate). I emailed Kimber a picture and they made me a replacement and sent it out the following day, no questions asked (and in fact lots of apologies - even though it was no fault of theirs).

I'm planning to order four more this season.
Mick...

heartwood

Post by heartwood »

sorry about the breakage but isn't it refreshing to hear how innerglass responded to the breakage?...that's what you get with a small independent business...

...jade

jharkin
Stalwart

Post by jharkin »

These are interesting..... I've wanted to replace my triple tracks but the cost of really good non ugly outside storms has put it off ...

But what do you do for bug screens?
-Jeremy

1790~1800ish Center Chimney Cape

Mick_VT

Post by Mick_VT »

jharkin wrote:But what do you do for bug screens?

I just have a few of these around the place http://www.homedepot.com/p/W-B-Marvin-2 ... /202088350

Which I hasten to add I bought from my local hardware store, not Home Despot. IIRC innerglass do offer bug screens that can be swapped in, but these are cheap and easy, and double as sash props (my sashes are weight-less)
Mick...

kelt65
Stalwart

Post by kelt65 »

I have something similar throughout the house, but they're magnetic. I barely notice them. They make a huge difference with drafts, too.

Mick_VT

Post by Mick_VT »

Just ordered my second batch of these for another seven windows. Really excited to get them. The downside is that innerglass are so busy their current lead time is 12 weeks :shock: Great news for them though, they deserve it their product is top notch.

This will leave just three or four windows to do next year and I will have a complete set.
Mick...

Ober51
Forgotten more than most know

Post by Ober51 »

Not sure if you want to answer here or not (feel free to shoot me a PM), but what was the cost per storm window? I ask because I have to redo every window in the house I am buying and think that storms will be a worthwhile investment to reduce heating and cooling costs....

Mick_VT

Post by Mick_VT »

take a look at their order form downloadable on the site, you calculate the cost yourself to get an idea of your costs. There are several variables at play but the big one is square footage. My 2.5'x5' ones have averaged out about $200 each, but better to work yours out rather than rely on mine.

Currently I am waiting on a batch, bad news for me is lead time when I ordered a month back was high (12 weeks), caused by an unusually high demand - impending winter after a particularly severe one last year I guess..
Mick...