Allied Storm Windows

Need professional help? Got great service? Tell others about it here. (Tradespersons, Companies, Suppliers too)
GinaC
Forgotten more than most know

Allied Storm Windows

Post by GinaC »

alliedwindow.com

Today the guy who painted my house is installing my Allied storm windows, and they look great! I will edit this post for a photo later. They are more expensive than traditional storm windows, but they look much nicer and I think they will perform better and last longer. The company is top notch and the manufacturing is in Ohio.

I have Eastern casing windows and Melanie Smith walked me through everything from measuring to choosing a style and color. They're not hard to install once you figure the first one out. Unfortunately the company sent me the wrong screw package, so we're short and they're overnighting me the correct ones.

I have 32 windows in my house, and I only ordered screens for 13 of them, that I selected for airflow. Now that my windows are all in their system and numbered, if I want more all I have to do is call them up and tell them what number window I'd like a screen for.
1939 Minimal Traditional

GinaC
Forgotten more than most know

Re: Allied Storm Windows

Post by GinaC »

Here are some photos. The color I chose is Colonial White, one of their standard colors, and it matches perfectly!

I had my storms mounted from the outside, since not all of the sashes work at this time and I didn't want to go into winter without storms. The difference is that you can see the mounting screws from the outside. When they are installed from the inside they are invisible. The spaces where the mounting strips meet the window casings still need to be caulked.

The second photo is what happens when the guy measuring your windows makes a typo. Allied is willing to give me a discount on a replacement.

1939 Minimal Traditional

nhguy
Stalwart

Re: Allied Storm Windows

Post by nhguy »

I like how the storms appear to fit in the jam rather mounted on the surface.
The white band that breaks the yellow is a nice decorative feature.