Killian Hardware - spring bronze & sash weights (and plenty of other stuff)

Need professional help? Got great service? Tell others about it here. (Tradespersons, Companies, Suppliers too)
Mick_VT

Killian Hardware - spring bronze & sash weights (and plenty of other stuff)

Post by Mick_VT »

http://www.kilianhardware.com/

Poke around there are some hard to find items. One of the best online suppliers for spring bronze weatherstripping
Mick...

heartwood

Re: Killian Hardware - spring bronze & sash weights (and plenty of other stuff)

Post by heartwood »

what I especially like about kilian's is that it is ONE old fashioned hardware store not a franchise...yup, they have rope, chain, locks, storm window hardware, weather stripping, etc.

...jade

1918ColonialRevival
Knows where blueprints are hidden

Post by 1918ColonialRevival »

If anyone goes to the Philadelphia area, they are definitely worth a stop. It's a small storefront, but they know where everything is and can help you if you aren't exactly sure what you need for an application. I make it a point to stop in every time I'm up that way.

A true mom and pop hardware store that has a lot of things that old house restorers need. plus staff that is knowledgeable and friendly. The kind of place that is getting very rare these days.

Big Blue
Settling in

Post by Big Blue »

I totally agree.

Killians is just the best. I've lived in the neighborhood (Northwest Philadelphia) and grew up in the burb down the block and have spent countless hours in there. It's just a great place to be in, floor to ceiling shelves packed with everything you could ever imagine. They have EVERYTHING you could ever need, I've never left without exactly what I was looking for. I even go in there to get my Felco pruners, passed down from my dad, tuned up come spring! :-)

I went to school with the owners kids, even, and can say they are all wonderful people, all staff included. Anything you need, they are always ready to help, always happy to do so. It's a pleasure to just be in the store!

Big Blue
Settling in

Post by Big Blue »

I should add, that now that we have purchased a "new" old house, 1925 "farmhouse" style in the city, I can finally shop there for our OWN repairs on our OWN place, and not just to get things to fix up old house rentals, only helping out the landlord! LOL!

I'm looking forward to that like you can't imagine!

Hooray! :-)