Source for historically correct lace curtains

Need professional help? Got great service? Tell others about it here. (Tradespersons, Companies, Suppliers too)
Mick_VT

Source for historically correct lace curtains

Post by Mick_VT »

http://www.cottagelace.com/

Passing this along - seem like a great place, I will report back as I have ordered some :D
Mick...

DavidP
Been here a while

Re: Source for historically correct lace curtains

Post by DavidP »

I ordered the "Cottage Panels" for my house; see the attached photo. Dan (the owner) is easy to work with.

curtains1.JPG
curtains1.JPG (1.07 MiB) Viewed 2739 times

Manalto
Inventor of Knob and Tube

Post by Manalto »

When I first acquired Thornwood, there were filthy polyester "lace" curtains in weird colors throughout the house. I had rejected lace as a possibility until now but my front door, which used to be a solid slab, has been replaced by 15 lights. It's not far from the sidewalk and could use a little privacy. In other words, thanks for posting.

ETA - I can't find any mention of what they're made of. I assume they're cotton but after my traumatic experience I need reassurance.

Found it: 100% cotton or 95% cotton, 5% poly

Willa
Revered expert in almost everything

Post by Willa »

Manalto wrote:When I first acquired Thornwood, there were filthy polyester "lace" curtains in weird colors throughout the house. I had rejected lace as a possibility until now but my front door, which used to be a solid slab, has been replaced by 15 lights. It's not far from the sidewalk and could use a little privacy. In other words, thanks for posting.

Remember that your curtain panels should be two or three times as wide as the window/glass panel on the door. This makes them look better when they are hanging. This will help with the lace opacity if it is a very sheer pattern.

Of course you could also install a plain blind that gets pulled down after dark for extra privacy on your door plus the lace panel.