I made a paint stripping video

A great place to find technical reference material, information and "how to" articles
Corsetière
Knows where blueprints are hidden

Re: I made a paint stripping video

Post by Corsetière »

Vala wrote:

Oh I see. Most of the woodwork in my place was originally shellaced, some was originally painted I've decided to leave that be. But most of the wood with paint has 3 coats, one very old coat of lead/liseed oil paint likely from the 20s, a 2nd coat from the 60s which is oil paint, then a 3rd coat from 2005 which is latex. The only way I get all 3 coats off at once is with a heat gun. I hate using paint stripper its so messy and caustic, I haven't even stripped any wood in a while because I can't even find any gloves anymore, not that the gloves last long anyway they're all "resistant" not "chemical proof". Might have to look online as I have too many half stripped areas.

The citristrip is pretty messy but at least it doesn't smell bad and if you get it on on your skin and wash it quickly, I have not noticed any ill effects. You're right though about the gloves, some are not good and don't last long at all!

phil
Has many leather bound books

Post by phil »

Those aren't the long red velvet stripper gloves you are wearing are they ? ;-)

Greenwood
Knows the area

Post by Greenwood »

What a beautiful staircase you have!