Emerson Hadley House

Introduce yourself here, tell us about your house and interests. Share some pictures.
mjt
Shakes a cane at new house owners

Re: Emerson Hadley House

Post by mjt »

Wackyshack wrote:MJT that is a fantastic result.. gold and silver ceiling. How does the light dance on the ceiling??? Looks wonderful and you are right give a warm color.

Thanks! It makes a world of difference in the room. The light really does dance off the ceiling, especially when we have candles on the table.

mjt

Post by mjt »

Vala wrote:I've seen your blog I want to say about 2 years back. Nice to finally "meet"! Very nice place you got!

Nice to meet you as well, Vala. We love the house and consider ourselves lucky to be her caretaker for a while.

Love your place as well, though I have to say I admire those of you who are willing to take on a clapboard house. Too much exterior painting for me...

Don M

Post by Don M »

Gee, I thought I said Hi & Welcome to the Historic District but either I was dreaming or my post was lost in cyberspace! :wtf: Anyway, I delighted you are here; I love your house & especially your study with its "horsey theme!"

mjt

Post by mjt »

Don M wrote:Anyway, I delighted you are here; I love your house & especially your study with its "horsey theme!"

Glad to be here!

The study theme flows from two things: it needed to be "masculine" to reflect the likely history of the room and we needed to leverage the hunting scenes on the door to the bathroom. Bloom where you're planted as they say.

mjt

Post by mjt »

I haven't been very diligent about putting before and after pictures on my blog, do I'll put a few here as I dig them up.

Here's the before and after of the living room. The walls and moldings were a two-tone peach when we moved in.

nhguy
Stalwart

Post by nhguy »

I looked at your blog and that's a major project you've got going on there. It looks beautiful, but my back aches a bit thinking of the work you're doing. The finished product is a real showstopper though.

mjt

Post by mjt »

nhguy wrote:I looked at your blog and that's a major project you've got going on there. It looks beautiful, but my back aches a bit thinking of the work you're doing. The finished product is a real showstopper though.

Thanks for the kind words.

I'm not looking forward to getting the 350 pound cast iron claw foot tub from the garage to the second floor master bathroom... :crazy:

SouthernLady
Forgotten more than most know

Post by SouthernLady »

Wooooooeeeeeee, I hope you got lots of strong friends around... Maybe have a stew, invite them over, and "Oh, by the way, while you're here....." 8-)

Eperot
Stalwart

Post by Eperot »

The hardest part is getting it up the stairs and turning corners. Those suckers are heavy. Glad my second floor-tub-lug is a memory!

Beautiful house.....that living room before and after is truly spectacular. Great to have you here!

Eric
Jacob Beaty House, 1874.

mjt

Post by mjt »

Another before and after photo. This is the bathroom in the attic. Originally it was the bathroom for the live-in maids. We gutted it as part of the complete remodel of the attic.

Before from a couple of angles:

And after re-orienting some things, but keeping the rough dimensions the same. The door was modified to be a pocket door to make better use of the space.