New here but not to old houses

Introduce yourself here, tell us about your house and interests. Share some pictures.
eclecticcottage
Forgotten more than most know

Re: New here but not to old houses

Post by eclecticcottage »

Here's the blog, gotta update with sunroom/mudroom pics.

http://eclecticcottage.blogspot.com/

Don M

Post by Don M »

Hi there! I remember your old house well---it had been stripped of all original features & filled with big box cheap trim. Wasn't it previously a student dorm before you acquired it? I mentioned you in a post on former OHW members. Welcome! :wave:

eclecticcottage
Forgotten more than most know

Post by eclecticcottage »

Not a dorm, it was a rental for some of it's life, but when we bought it, it was an estate. Same family owned it from the 50's or 60's and raised 8 kids in it (mind, its a 2 bedroom-one was a walk through-and about 850 sq ft).

There are some pics of it on The Cottage blog. It's still pretty blah to be honest, on the inside. We knew the tenants planned to buy it when we rented it, so we basically went with the details (or lack of) they were interested in when we reno'ed it. I did love that place. I wish I could have done better by it, but it was missing just about anything original when we got it and it just wasn't worth it to try to bring it back. I don't know if I ever mentioned it, but it seemed to be haunted. The tenants, now owners, were ok with it (told them upfront) and had some experiances-which they generally thought were cool. Details or not, it found new people that love it. Don't know how well they will care for it, but they did paint the door and love to decorate it for the holidays.