I guess we lost a member...

Introduce yourself here, tell us about your house and interests. Share some pictures.
cat2014
Knows the area

Re: I guess we lost a member...

Post by cat2014 »

Phil - so sorry for your loss - but you have wonderful memories to pass on to future generations.
You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one......John Lennon

Wackyshack
Forgotten more than most know

Post by Wackyshack »

Very sorry to hear of the loss of man who made such an wonderful impact on your life. I see that you are continuing to share the warmth of his wisdom by behind the upstanding person you are. Hope you get the internal family matters settled without too much stress.
If everything is coming your way..... You're in the WRONG lane!!!

Vala

Post by Vala »

Phil, my condolences, I'm very sorry for your loss!

DRJR
Knows the area

Post by DRJR »

Sorry for your loss.
Home formally know as Rotten Ranch

Patched up fireplace, rotten and new siding, with other issues getting the arts and crafts makeover. :mrgreen:

Sow's Ear Mal
Stalwart

Post by Sow's Ear Mal »

I wish my Dad was here to see one of his offspring finally have some Canadian farm
land.

Thinking of you in your loss....mal

Kmarissa
Knows the back streets

Post by Kmarissa »

Phil, I'm very sorry for your loss. I'm glad that your father got a chance to share so much of his knowledge with you. And I'm so glad that you're able to share so much with all of us.

Deb
Knows the back streets

Post by Deb »

Thinking of you and keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. Something to think about....your dad lives on in each and every one of us who you have helped through the years. So many have benefited from his, and your help, and in turn, we will pass on that knowledge to others!

phil
Has many leather bound books

Post by phil »

Thanks for all the kind words. I appreciate it very much and it helped to talk about it. Dad did help a lot of people throughout his life. He led his life in a respectful manor always. He was never selfish. I don't' even remember a single time when he was too busy to help or take time out. I do believe his kindness and knowledge made this world a better place. I miss him very much but maybe it was because we spent so much time this wasn't a shock like it would be if I didn't visit and spend time with him. I'm very lucky to have really been such an important part of his life.

Sister will have to deal with the lawyers and the courts and hopefully this will be seen by a judge who will give her a suitable sentence for her actions. Mom certainly didn't deserve to have her money taken and she still needs it. This may not be taken lightly by the courts. Mom's worst mistake was trusting her own daughter. In all my life I have never known a single person to dislike mom including my sister. There is no other rational course that we could see but to find a good lawyer to seek justice. It will just take time now and to say more now perhaps isn't appropriate.

Gothichome

Post by Gothichome »

Phil, memories never fade as long as thier stories get told and thier knowledge is shared.

mjt
Shakes a cane at new house owners

Post by mjt »

Sorry for your loss. It is a fitting tribute to him that you carry on his tradition of knowledge sharing here.