Made the move, too...

Introduce yourself here, tell us about your house and interests. Share some pictures.
cat2014
Knows the area

Made the move, too...

Post by cat2014 »

Hi all....from the OWH and WG boards. I'm the one who lives vicariously though all of you. I have a 1972 (yeah, I know, not old) split level, which we are slowly making into a "old" house - sorta. Very much in love the colonial era/look so trying to get my "girl" into mode.

My hubby is very handy and is slowly correcting/fixing all the crap work that the P.O. (i.e. ex-hubby) had done to it. I've learned a lot from the previous 2 boards and glad to be here!!

Someday we hope to get out of the suburbs and into a rural area and own an actual old home...but that's a big someday. In the meantime I can only dream and drool over your houses/work.

Hope to post some pics here, too, of work he's done....now back to drooling.... :crazy:
You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one......John Lennon

Lily left the valley
Inventor of Knob and Tube

Re: Made the move, too...

Post by Lily left the valley »

cat2014 wrote:Hi all....from the OWH and WG boards. I'm the one who lives vicariously though all of you. I have a 1972 (yeah, I know, not old) split level, which we are slowly making into a "old" house - sorta. Very much in love the colonial era/look so trying to get my "girl" into mode. {snip}

Welcome!

Aww...you made me feel young! Your house and I are the same age.

Split levels have their own charm. I still fondly recall the one my dad's folks had in Glenside, PA.
--Proud member of the Industrious Cheapskate Club
--Currently pondering ways to encourage thoughtful restovation and discourage mindless renovation.

SkipW
Forgotten more than most know

Post by SkipW »

Sadly, and I don't mean anything by it...1972 is 'old' to plenty of people....i.e.: throw it out, it's old. So your house is 'old' ;-}

Glad you could make the jump to THD, do post some pics!
Etta says "WOOF"

cat2014
Knows the area

Post by cat2014 »

[quote="SkipW"]Sadly, and I don't mean anything by it...1972 is 'old' to plenty of people....i.e.: throw it out, it's old. So your house is 'old' ;-}

I work with a few guys who have homes built in the 1990's and early 2000's and think their homes are old...I look at them and shake my head... No offense...I'm trying to make my "girl" have the old home feel, which it's getting there.

Glad to be here...happy to get back with this group of Old House Lovers!
You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one......John Lennon

Wackyshack
Forgotten more than most know

Post by Wackyshack »

Any House that was built "Pre-disco" is still an awesome dwelling... Your house is Old Tyme Rock and Roll Era.... Glad you came over.
If everything is coming your way..... You're in the WRONG lane!!!

Don M

Post by Don M »

Sure & please post some pictures of your "old girl"!